U

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

Wed, Sep 22, 2021 4:59 PM

Old router and modem

My internet connect, esp wifi is unstable. Sometimes, the upload speed is less than 1mbps. After switching to 3 routers, things did not improve. A CS went through some steps with me and we tested the signal. The internet connect was very strong at that time. So she couldn't detach any problem. 
My lan cable couldn't get any signal from modem when I connect it to my laptop. So I suspect the issue is the modem. How do I get StarHub to check the device? My household are WFH. So I cannot bring it to the shop.

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.3K Points

1 m ago

Hi @user_55675d, sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Just to check, have you been instructed to reboot both your ONT and router to refresh your internet connection? 

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

1 m ago

Hi Carla, Thanks for checking, I was told to turn the router and modem off.

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.3K Points

In this case, please contact our Customer Support via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below as this will require further technical assistance. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

Did I miss out some steps? it's answering in a loop.
Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.3K Points

Once you click "Get Expert Assistance" it usually will enable you to talk to our Customer Support. Oh well, you may also contact our through this form

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

does starhub support DOCSIS 3.1 modem?

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.3K Points

We usually provide the modem (ONT), however, you may use your preferred router. 

~ Carla

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

1 m ago

I can conclude that my strange wifi signal is due to a faulty modem. I was not at home when the starhub technician came. So he didn't replace the router. I am getting a new NETGEAR Gigabit Cable Modem (32x8).

Can you confirm that DOCSIS 3.1 plus 32x8 3.0 Cable Modem is compatible with starhub? 

(edited)

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.3K Points

If your ONT/modem is faulty then we highly advise that you have it checked first so we can replace it than you buying a new modem. 

~ Carla

Get Started

Get Started