Skip to main content

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

Mon, Jul 7, 2014 5:00 PM

Fiber Broadband Termination

I would like to complain about 1633 call center service. I called 1633 couple weeks ago to terminate my home broadband. The guy over the phone told me to come down to Starhub at Vivo City and termination charge is 167$ and I have to return "the white device" (modem?).

To my surprise when I came down to Starhub Vivo City, the person who served me told that termination charge total is 210$ and I also need to return fiber wire (the yellow cable), otherwise I'll be charged 6$. Moreover, after few days, I realized that they also terminated my home line which I didn't request them to do. I've called 1633 twice since last Friday but untill now the line is still not up.

If anyone know who 1633 manager or boss, please tell him/her:

Train and educate your 1633 call center so that they can give clear and accurate information.

I hope that they can improve their service.

Responses

KaiBoon

Hub Master

• 

9K Messages

6 years ago

Hi @Agoezlie

I am sorry to hear about this. Can you drop me a Private Message with your details so that I can do an internal review on this? Thanks.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
acitcikgu

Trusted Commentator

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I am also considering to terminate my contract.

I fell for you.

1633 and tech support is very unreliable at best.

acitcikgu

Trusted Commentator

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I am also considering to terminate my contract.

I feel for you.

1633 and tech support is very unreliable at best.

KaiBoon

Hub Master

• 

9K Messages

6 years ago

@acitcikgu I have received your PM. I will get the Customer Service Team to assist you further.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is

Honored Commentator

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Can SH make it simple for all by indicating here a short and simple termination process/requirement ?

I am going to terminate my FBB sub in the middle of May 2015 when the contract expires ... so what do i need to do ? what do i need to return ? when do i need to do it ?

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I am also trying to terminate my Fibre Broadband account -- my contract is up and I no longer live at the address. I have tried to call starhub many times and have been put on hold forever -- I leave a request to call back and I never got called back. I am also unable to find an email address to email starhub about the process for termination.

It's almost as if you are actively avoiding your customers! Can someone assist with my request for termination!

eric3743

Grand Guru

• 

4.4K Messages

5 years ago

Either one of the Community staff come across this post; or

PM any Community Staff to get their attention faster. (unless that staff is on leave)

(btw, the staff Kai Boon had retired)

NickF

Alumni (Retired)

• 

233 Messages

5 years ago

@ee wen  Do drop me a PM and I will escalate your concerns to our Customer Support team. Smiley Happy

Give me a buzz to @NickF

Some of my posts on this community site are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

Honored Commentator

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

when SH installed my FBB two years ago, i got a modem and a gateway.

so what do i have to return when i terminate my subscription ?

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I finally got a reply after I stormed into a Starhub shop -- basically, you
have to return the hardware, but only the big starhub shops take them. I
know the one at Plaza Singapura does.

Honored Commentator

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Can roughly tell me what are the items?

Honored Commentator

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

I thought the router is supposed to be Free? That is bad ... Thought can
use for my new contract....

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Mmmm... Basically everything, less the fibre cable point.

Honored Commentator

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

well, in reply to my own question, here it goes ... actually it was quite smooth ...

call SH on friday 12/6 at 9am ... got through immeidately !! asked them what i needed to return and call was over in 2 mins.

I was told to return the ONT, the ONT power supply, the yellow fiber cable and a blue data cable.

Saturday 13/6 after work went down to SH@tampines mall .... reached there, pressed the q-machine for a number and there were 3 customers in front of me. but in less that 3 mins, my number flashed and i proceeded to the counter but was told by the CS that she had pressed another number.  then the "usher" a the door brought in another guy who took my place and then ushered me to another counter.

the CS asked me what i wanted and I told him i wanted to cancel my subscription. asked for me IC and then filled up a form for me to sign. passed him the return items and then left. all over in less than 10 mins !!

so actually its really not that complicated to terminate your sub ... just call and ask and then go down and get it done on the spot. Termination was effected on the same afternoon and was told that my bill will be pro-rated .... i'll get back on the when i get my bill.

Get Started

Get Started