K

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

Wed, Jun 9, 2021 12:45 PM

Existing 1GB broadband and fibre tv line

I am an existing subscriber to 1GB broadband + 1GB fibre tv lines.
Can I subscribe to 2 GB broadband (upgrade additional port 3)and at the same time also subscribe to (retaining the existing) fiber tv line port 2?

Thanks in advance.

Responses

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

11 d ago

Hi @kcchuan, just to clarify, you want to subscribe to our 2GB broadband plan and new StarHub TV+ in standalone plans? Let me just share that you might also want to take a look at our HomeHub+ 2G plan which comes with 2Gbps Fibre Broadband with two dedicated 1Gbps Fibre connections, StarHub TV+ and Netflix. 

To answer your question, when you sign-up/recontract to our new StarHub TV+ there is an option to watch on the big screen with the StarHub TV+ box. However, the StarHub TV+ Box will be connected to the Smart Wifi (Nokia Beacon 1) instead of ONT Port 2. This means the Fibre Broadband and StarHub TV+ Box will be on the same ONT port (typically Port 1) with shared bandwidth.

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

11 d ago

Dear Carlo
Yes this is my intentions. 
To subscribe to 2 nos 1GB internet connections and 1 fiber connection for the existing fiber TV box.
The two internet connection will connect to my existing ASUS router which has the option for dual WAN connections and load balancing, hence optimized the bandwidth load.
I am very happy with the existing TV box. I donot need the newer TV+ box.
In my opinion my current 1GB internet + 1GB dedicated fiber TV connection is no difference from the offer Home Hub+ 2 nos 1GB internet connections which you mentions.

Alvin

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Unfortunately, the old StarHub TV Plan or StarHub Entertainment Pass will no longer be available for new and recontract customers since August 2020. You may recontract your fibre broadband plan to your desired plan and then retain your current StarHub TV service. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started