Skip to main content
M

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

Wed, Apr 7, 2021 6:30 AM

Amazon prime subscription

Hi 
I first activated the starhub free trial for Amazon Prime on 04/12 and received a message indicating it will be chargeable frm 13/01/2021  I've looked up the account settings on amazon prime but I am unable to cancel the membership before the charges come in as it was stated there on the website to reach out to starhub.
After I reach out to starhub, the customer service checked and reverted that there are no subscription at all and I will not be charged.
However, upon receiving my April bill, I was still charged for the amazon prime subscription. 
There is no way i can cancel it on:
1. Amazon website (no cancellation function and only can do so via reaching out to starhub as stated on the page)
2. NOR can I cancel via Starhub (no records on their system for my account).
So since I was charged for amazon prime services now, WHO should I look for to assist on this matter?
It seems like both Amazon and Starhub is pushing the responsibility to one another. Both customer service team are very irresponsive with the latter being irresponsible as well. I just received my April Bill but still am . 
I have ALL the relevant supporting screenshots to verify the above.
Appreciate ur prompt response.
PLEASE REPLY.
From A very angry & frustrated customer

Responses

Carla_P

• 

4K Messages

• 

1.9K Points

5 d ago

Hi @Meganlai, I'm sorry to hear about this. Let me just share that you can unsubscribe to Amazon Prime via My StarHub App by following the steps below.

1. Go to “Lifestyle” 
  2. Locate "Amazon Prime" and select “Manage”.
  3. Select the mobile number to remove Amazon Prime from and click ‘Unsubscribe’.
  4. In the Review page, click ‘Submit’

However, since you've mentioned that you got charged despite unsubscribing to Amazon Prime, please get in touch with our Customer Support via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below as we need to look into your account details to straighten this out. Apologies for the inconvenience since I don't have access to check your account details here for security. I hope you understand, thanks. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

5 d ago

Ive followed the step that you told me . However  my account can only select  “subscribe now “ not “unsubscribe”. Before the promotion ends ( 13/01/2021) I called to your CS team requested for Termination at end of Dec . They did replied me they have done it and promised me they will not charge me anything. I checked my bill they start recurring the payment since Jan bill till now. I need to resolve this problem ASAP . I don’t want to go thru this every month .

Carla_P

• 

4K Messages

• 

1.9K Points

In this case, it looks like your Amazon Prime subscription has been cancelled already. However, we need to look into your account details to further assist you with your concern. Unfortunately, I'm unable to assist you here since I don't have access to your account details here. May I trouble you to please send a message to our Customer Support through Facebook Messenger? Rest assured, they will help you resolve this. Thanks. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Esteemed Commentator

• 

7 Messages

• 

2 Points

5 d ago

I am facing the same problem too.

Get Started

Get Started