Skip to main content
H

Thu, Sep 3, 2020 6:31 AM

(1Gbps Fiber Broadband) Transfer to other person or Termination process

Good afternoon,

I am considering transferring broadband service to someone or terminate the contract.

1) If i transfer the service, what is the process of transfer?

Both transferor and transferee have to visit the Starhub branch?  As i am currently oversea and can't do sth in Singapore, must i be at site to transfer the service? if so, is there any alternate way? 

Plus, I would like to know all the fee that will be occur followed by transfer.

2) If i terminate the service, i found answer through this page, i need to return below 4 equpiment, and there will be disconnection fee of 32.10SGD and termination fee(depends on duration of service), is there any fee occur?

And as im not in Singapore, can my friend return it on behalf of me? if so, any document needed(scanned pic of Pin etc)?

Responses

Carla_P

• 

2K Messages

• 

316 Points

2 months ago

Hi @hyunb, welcome to Greenr Community. I'd be happy to assist you with your concern. 

1. As you have mentioned that you're currently overseas, a Letter of Authorisation and copy of transferor and transferee’s NRIC/FIN are needed to be presented when you do the transfer at our main StarHub Shops. Moreover, there is a one-time administrative fee of $20.00 (before GST) to process the transfer of ownership. And, all outstanding balance must be cleared by the transferor (current customer) before Transfer of Ownership can be processed.

2. If you opt to terminate, yes, there is a disconnection fee of $32.10 and early termination charges will apply if still under contract. Since you're overseas, someone could do it on your behalf as long as they present a Letter of Authorisation and a copy of subscriber's NRIC/FIN. Do note that you can return the equipment at any of the 4 StarHub main shops (Plaza Singapura, Jurong Point, Nex and Tampines).

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

3 Messages

@Carla_P Thanks Carla. Your reply is very clear. May i ask you 1 more thing? , is there any sample for Letter of Authorisation? As this is my first time to write it not sure which components must be contained and for copy of transferor and transferee’s NRIC/FIN, i dont have printer can i show the picture of it in the branch? Thanks for your help

Carla_P

• 

2K Messages

• 

316 Points

You may follow the format of this Letter of Authorisation. Just change some of the details. I'm not sure if a soft copy of the NRIC/FIN will be allowed since the StarHub Shop staff might get the printed copy. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started