Skip to main content
razerpro

Alumni (Retired)

• 

572 Messages

Sun, Mar 22, 2015 6:00 PM

Thank you Mr Lee Kuan Yew #ThankYouLeeKuanYew #RIPLeeKuanYew

LKY

I woke up this morning to the very sad news that Mr Lee Kuan Yew has passed away. I am now writing this with a very heavy heart.

Mr Lee was a great man and the founding father of modern Singapore. Singapore would not be what we are today if not for him. With his vision and foresight, he has moulded Singapore into a nation with so much to offer.

Despite all the criticisms, he built a nation so that all our future generation will have a comfortable place to stay and grow up in. We will always remember his contribution to this nation and he will be always be respected for this.

Rest in peace Mr Lee. You will always be in our heart.

#ThankYouLeeKuanYew #RIPLeeKuanYew

Responses

Green

Respected Advisor

• 

43 Messages

5 years ago

Everytime i see the green that is all around us, i am so grateful for all that Mr Lee has done for the country.  Imagine him personally scouting for plant species personally when he travelled round the world to plant in Singapore?!  Over the years, you can see more interesting and exotic plants that grace our land.

Every visitor to Singapore is pleasantly surprised to see so much green and beauty here, starting from the time they land in the airport! 

Thank you Mr Lee, i will forever remember you when i see the beauty that is all around us here in Singapore. 

Vesta

Respected Advocate

• 

88 Messages

5 years ago

I grew up in a poor family and over the years i marvelled at how my life and the lives of most Singaporeans have improved as compared to our neighbouring countries.  

i am truly grateful for all the things that Mr Lee has done for me and my family.

No words can describe my indebtedness to him.  Without him, Singapore wouild not have survived.  

Thank you Mr Lee for all that you have done for us.  

Forever remembering....

Qwerty

Honored Advisor

• 

107 Messages

5 years ago

Famous Quotes of Mr Lee

"The dark ages had descended on us. It was brutal, cruel. In looking back, I think it was the biggest single political education of my life because, for three and a half years, I saw the meaning of power and how power and politics and government went together, and I also understood how people trapped in a power situation responded because they had to live. One day the British were there, immovable, complete masters; next day, the Japanese, whom we derided, mocked as short, stunted people with short-sighted squint eyes."

"... the old mechanisms had gone and the old habits of obedience and respect (for the British) had also gone because people had seen them run away (from the Japanese) ... they packed up.

"We were supposed, the local population was supposed to panic when the bombs fell, but we found they panicked more than we did. So it was no longer the old relationship."

"Here in Singapore, you didn't come across the white man so much. He was in a superior position. But there you are (in Britain) in a superior position meeting white men and white women in an inferior position, socially, I mean. They have to serve you and so on in the shops. And I saw no reason why they should be governing me; they're not superior. I decided when I got back, I was going to put an end to this."

"I have never been overconcerned or obsessed with opinion polls or popularity polls. I think a leader who is, is a weak leader. If you are concerned with whether your rating will go up or down, then you are not a leader. You are just catching the wind ... you will go where the wind is blowing. And that's not what I am in this for."

"Between being loved and being feared, I have always believed Machiavelli was right. If nobody is afraid of me, I'm meaningless."

"Anybody who decides to take me on needs to put on knuckle-dusters. If you think you can hurt me more than I can hurt you, try. There is no way you can govern a Chinese society."

"If you are a troublemaker... it's our job to politically destroy you... Everybody knows that in my bag I have a hatchet, and a very sharp one. You take me on, I take my hatchet, we meet in the cul-de-sac."

"You take a poll of any people. What is it they want? The right to write an editorial as you like? They want homes, medicine, jobs, schools."

"We have to lock up people, without trial, whether they are communists, whether they are language chauvinists, whether they are religious extremists. If you don't do that, the country would be in ruins."

"If you don't include your women graduates in your breeding pool and leave them on the shelf, you would end up a more stupid society... So what happens? There will be less bright people to support dumb people in the next generation. That's a problem."

"You know, the cure for all this talk is really a good dose of incompetent government. You get that alternative and you'll never put Singapore together again: Humpty Dumpty cannot be put together again... and your asset values will be in peril, your security will be at risk and our women will become maids in other people's countries, foreign workers."

"I wouldn't call myself an atheist. I neither deny nor accept that there is a God. So I do not laugh at people who believe in God. But I do not necessarily believe in God - nor deny that there could be one."

"Without her, I would be a different man, with a different life... I should find solace in her 89 years of a life well lived. But at this moment of the final parting, my heart is heavy with sorrow and grief."

"There is an end to everything and I want mine to come as quickly and painlessly as possible, not with me incapacitated, half in coma in bed and with a tube going into my nostrils and down to my stomach."

"Even from my sickbed, even if you are going to lower me to the grave and I feel that something is going wrong, I will get up."

Mr Lee, you will always be remember.

353 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you Mr Lee Kuan Yew.  I have heard so much at school and from my parents about all that you have done.  Thanks for sacrficing so much for Singapore.  I am so glad to be born a Singaporean. 

ApplePie

Respected Advocate

• 

171 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you Mr Lee Kuan Yew.  I always boast to all my foreign friends and clients what a great man you are.  I read all your memoirs and boast about them and never hide that you are my hero.  All my foreign friends will then be interested to read your memoirs and they too are shocked at how forward looking and courageous you are.   Truly, how i wish you would live forever.  May we continue to uplift the legacy that you have left us!   

Love you.  Forever missed.  

Triggerhappy

Honored Advisor

• 

61 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you Mr Lee Kuan Yew for all that you have done. Because of you, Singapore is now a first world country in just 50 years. We are forever grateful to you.

Hub Associate

• 

148 Messages

5 years ago

Mr. Lee leads Singapore like a strict parent to his children, doing all he can but only for the best intentions of the next generation. When one becomes a parent, one will understand why sometimes we make hard decisions that appear to be harsh and restrictive. Ultimately, we grow up, become successful in our own right, and possibly forget what our parents did all these years to help us achieve who we are.

Mr. Lee is such a person. He does not do things so that only he looks good. He does things so that Singapore looks good.

When my paternal grandfather passed away, I composed a song for him. Now with Mr. Lee's passing, I too would like to dedicate this song to him.

http://chestertan.com/musicphotolife/PS2-fallingleaves_thankyouLKY.mp3

MusicPhotoLife.com
Twitter/Instagram: @musicdiary
Blue

Honored Advisor

• 

71 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks Chester for the insight.  And thanks for the music that you have dedicated to Mr Lee.  It's really beautiful.  

KaiBoon

Hub Master

• 

9K Messages

5 years ago

lee-kuan-yew

Thank you Mr Lee Kuan Yew for everything that you have done for Singapore and us Singaporeans.

Within 50 years, Singapore has progressed into a vibrant nation. Looking at old photographs of Singapore and comparing them with what I am seeing in front of me now, it is so different. It would not be possible without your vision and your guidance for Singapore.

Back then when everyone thought that Singapore would not be able to make it, you stood by your belief and guided us to move ahead despite all the difficulties. It was never an easy feat but you have managed to make it possible for all of us. Who would have imagine that a small nation without any natural resources would be able to achieve so much in such a short period of 50 years. We owe it all to you.

50 years ago, you wept for a nation. Today, a whole nation is weeping for you.

You will always be in our memories. A great leader and a fatherly figure for the nation.

Rest in peace, Mr Lee.

#ThankYouLeeKuanYew #RIPLeeKuanYew #RememberLeeKuanYew

========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
limchin

Honored Advisor

• 

78 Messages

5 years ago

I woke up this morning and saw the news that Mr Lee Kuan Yew had passed away early morning. Suddenly, a surge of emptiness hit me. I felt I had lost something. I could not describe the feeling. It was a feeling of loss. On the way to work, I looked around me and started thinking.   I realised what I have lost…  I have lost my childhood hero, every Singaporean’s father, the father who built this safe, clean, green and prosperous country for us. He is gone…forever…This realisation saddened me further.  

For the past week, though knowing that he was critically ill, I was still hoping that he could hang on till SG50. He built this nation 50 years ago. It would be a better closure for him and for all Singaporeans if he could at least witness Singapore’s 50th independence. It was really sad to hear his departure this morning.

I would like to thank Mr Lee Kuan Yew from the bottom of my heart for all that he had done to make what Singapore is today. I believe no one else will be able to achieve what he had achieved. Dearest founding father of Singapore, rest in peace. You will stay in our hearts forever.

Tan

Community Sheriff

• 

377 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you. Somehow, its so hard to think of Singapore with you not being around. On my way home, I looked around, a shudder, a flash of 'what if'...what if Singapore did not have you? Thank you for living your life without regrets, doing what you had to do. Rest in Peace Mr Lee
Please do not send me enquiries via PM, I may not read them in time to help address your issues
Darren

Esteemed Advisor

• 

98 Messages

5 years ago

Tribute to our dear founding PM, Mr Lee Kuan Yew, E City will be airing a special interview of the late Mr Lee in 2009, that is hosted by famous Celebrity Host – Yang Lan. The interview will be aired on 28 March, 9.30pm, on Ch 111/825. Be inspired once again by his very intellectual and insightful views.
Connect with me on @bluefirefly2359
Jena Lxy

SP Student Blogger

• 

23 Messages

5 years ago

lky.jpg

Thank you, Mr Lee Kuan Yew.

Thank you for all your contributions towards Singapore's progress, and for your undying passion and love for our country.

Mr Lee devoted most of his life towards growing Singapore - from a fishing village to the modern first-world country that we live in now. If not for him, we probably would not have been able to revolutionise Singapore in a mere period of 50 years.

Mr Lee's love for Singapore is unconditional. The passion that he has to raise Singapore, almost like a child being raised by parents, is unending.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May you rest in peace, Mr Lee. You'll always be loved and remembered.

To the citizens of Singapore, Mr Lee, you will always be part of our family.

To your family, Mr Lee, you will always be a father and husband.

To Singapore, Mr Lee, you will always be Singapore's son.

Get Started

Get Started