Paladin's profile
Hubbernauts

Hubbernauts

• 

207 Messages

• 

108 Points

Fri, Oct 1, 2021 1:59 AM

Restricted Time Eating 18 Hours (One Week Later)

Feeling good after one week! Definitely more energetic and alert. Others have noticed slimmer waistline already! This is the best thing I've done and wonder why I did not adopt this lifestyle choice! Bonus! Generally suffer from joint pain i.e. neck, shoulder and back from old army injuries. After this regime, the pain has diminished significantly! Wow!

This table is a comparison of previous and current regimes. Past PM was a short experiment with skipping breakfast. Personally enjoy breakfast and found it difficult to skip this meal. Skipping dinner seems to work for me.

Timing Previously Current AM Past PM
08:30 ABC^ ABC^ Skip
13:00 Oats*, tea Reg meal ABC
18:00 Reg meal Skip Reg meal

^ABC - Apple Beet root, Celery and Orange fruit juice with Chia Seeds. Replaced carrot with celery and I was turning yellow from carotene overdose

*Oats, tea - 4 tablespoons of oats with hot water. Tea with powdered full cream milk

Lessons Learned:

1. Drinking water/ black tea - This helps with hunger management
  2. Eat protein - Specifically eggs. This really helps stave off hunger
  3. Exercise - This mitigates hunger since the body goes into fat burning
  4. Stay busy - This helps take my mind off food
  5. Stay away from the kitchen - This can be hard when everyone else at home is eating
  6. Persevere - Hang in there. It really gets better

See this for the earlier saga

Will definitely continue this lifestyle change. Next challenge: 72 hour fast! Will report back

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke
Carla_P

• 

6.1K Messages

• 

3.8K Points

4分前

Thanks for sharing your progress, @Paladin!

Paladin

Hubbernauts

• 

207 Messages

• 

108 Points

@Carla_P most wecome. Best lifestyle change so far. Have tried many diets and by far this is the most effective and sustainable. Definitely worth trying

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke
Carla_P

• 

6.1K Messages

• 

3.8K Points

To be honest, I've always wanted to try to change my lifestyle especially my diet but I'm too lazy to follow a routine. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!
Paladin

Hubbernauts

• 

207 Messages

• 

108 Points

@Carla_P give the 14/10 a try. Example, skip breakfast. Have an early lunch and then dinner. Restrict eating to a 10 hour window. If it works, increase to 16/8 and 18/6 for better results. It is quite sustainable

Carla_P

• 

6.1K Messages

• 

3.8K Points

All right. I'll take note of your suggestions. I just need enough courage and will to start doing this. LOL

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!
Paladin

Hubbernauts

• 

207 Messages

• 

108 Points

@Carla_P that is the spirit. Post your experience to encourage others. Remember to persevere. It gets better

Get Started

Get Started