Hubbernauts

Hubbernauts

• 

203 Messages

• 

104 Points

Fri, Oct 15, 2021 12:31 AM

My Fasting Journey So Far

Completed 44 hour fast over the weekend. It was much easier. Hunger was almost non existent this time round.

Day 1 SAT - Started 1300 hrs and no issues

Day 2 SUN - No degradation in performance during brisk morning walk. Day passed uneventfully

Day 3 MON - No degradation in performance during brisk morning walk.Broke fast 0900 hrs

Lessons Learned:

1.  Our bodies are a marvel - It adapts and self repairs if we provide the right opportunity. Hunger is mostly psychological and the body learns to adapt to new routine. In my case, breakfast and lunch. Hunger and cravings are gone!
  2. Hydration - Stay hydrated
  3. Rest - Get sufficient rest as needed

Benefits:

1. Skin rejuvenation - My skin is noticeably better. There are no stretch marks even with significant weight loss
  2. Cravings and Hunger - Mostly gone as my body has adjusted to the new regime
  3. Energy - Feeling more energetic and less need for naps
  4. Weight Loss - On a whim weighed myself and lost 5KG!

Will maintain the 18/6 regime as well as weekend fast.

See these for further reading:

Restricted Time Eating 18 Hours (One Week Later)
3 Day Fast

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke
Carla_P

• 

5.8K Messages

• 

3.5K Points

2 m ago

Thanks for sharing your fasting journey here in the Community, @Paladin. Just to ask, how much weight have you lost? 

Paladin

Hubbernauts

• 

203 Messages

• 

104 Points

@Carla_P most welcome. At least 5KG :-). However the best benefits are energy, better skin and zero cravings! Now wondering what to do with all those snacks at home :-( but that's a good problem. Definitely save money :-P. This is one of the best lifestyle change so far

(edited)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke
Carla_P

• 

5.8K Messages

• 

3.5K Points

Totally agree. The only time I do fasting is if I'm getting laboratory tests. LOL

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started