Skip to main content
Supernovaa

Veteran

• 

155 Messages

Mon, Apr 20, 2015 2:00 AM

Help!

I keep getting this error message when I tried to open up a file. Anybody can help to solve this issue?

invalid xml declaration.png

Responses

Supernovaa

Veteran

• 

155 Messages

5 years ago

It's a link from an email. When I clicked on the link, it automatically tried to open up with Word. There's no option for me to open the link/file in any other ways.

Qwerty

Honored Advisor

• 

107 Messages

5 years ago

Try opening the file with Excel instead of Word.
Qwerty

Honored Advisor

• 

107 Messages

5 years ago

I think you should get the sender to send you the file directly. Seems like there is some problem with the source.

razerpro

Alumni (Retired)

• 

572 Messages

5 years ago

Problem resolved?
Supernovaa

Veteran

• 

155 Messages

5 years ago

Unfortunately no.

Supernovaa

Veteran

• 

155 Messages

5 years ago

@NickF As I've mentioned, it's a link from an email, and it automatically opens up in Microsoft Word. I can't reconfirm/rename or do anything with the link/file.

Supernovaa

Veteran

• 

155 Messages

5 years ago

@razerpro Please do.

Supernovaa

Veteran

• 

155 Messages

5 years ago

@razerproDidn't work. I tried "open sesame" too but nope, the file won't open. Smiley Sad

razerpro

Alumni (Retired)

• 

572 Messages

5 years ago

hmmm. Maybe I can help?
NickF

Alumni (Retired)

• 

233 Messages

5 years ago

Hi @Supernovaa,

Was this meant to be a document or an excel file?

You could reconfirm the file extension. If it is a document, it should be a (.doc) or (.docx) and not (.do).

Or if it is an excel file, the file extension should be displayed as (.xls) or (.xlsx)

Edit: Simply rename the file as "index.doc" or "index.xls" (if applicable) 

I hope this helps!

Some of my posts on this community site are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

NickF

Alumni (Retired)

• 

233 Messages

5 years ago

@Supernovaa Will drop you a PM. Smiley Happy

Some of my posts on this community site are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

Supernovaa

Veteran

• 

155 Messages

5 years ago

@NickFOk, I'm not too tech savy, how do I rename the file? As per attached image, this is all I see when I right click.

Error.png

razerpro

Alumni (Retired)

• 

572 Messages

5 years ago

"Open Sesame" for sure won't work.

Should be "Open the file for me"
NickF

Alumni (Retired)

• 

233 Messages

5 years ago

@Supernovaa I hear you. Smiley Happy

Does the link allow you to download the file? Or do a 'right-click > save as'?

I did some googling and I found the following:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_7/how-to-open-files-with-do-extension/097a0b91-4d27-4e5e-adc6-9f5fc05e69a8

Apparently, the common solution recommended in the link above was to rename the file from (.do) to (.pdf).

Or, you could try opening the downloaded file with Adobe reader or a pdf reader of your choice.

Try and see if it helps? Smiley Happy

razerpro

Alumni (Retired)

• 

572 Messages

5 years ago

You recite "om mani padme hum" when opening the file.

Get Started

Get Started