Skip to main content
mr_alok

Honored Commentator

• 

10 Messages

Tue, Aug 4, 2020 6:00 AM

Recontract

My existing HomeHub contract is ending on 17 Aug. Currently I am paying $115 per month for 1Gbps Fibre Broadband and Starhub TV. I find it quite expensive.

While browsing through the menu, I find it quite confusing. The homehub plan available is with Netflix, which I do not need (as I already have a Netflix plan separately for 4 devices with 4K. My existing Starhub settop box does not have 4K option).

Is there any option to customise homehub?

Responses

Carla_P

• 

1.9K Messages

• 

268 Points

3 months ago

Hi @mr_alok, our current HomeHub Plus 1G plan would be suitable for you which costs $79.90
per month with 24-month contract. It comes with 1gbps Fibre Broadband, 1 Entertainment Pass and a Netflix Standard subscription. You may choose to upgrade to the Netflix Premium Plan at an additional fee of $4, which currently allows you to watch on up to 4 devices at the same time and in Ultra HD (subject to your device capabilities and plan change).

And since you mentioned that you already have an existing Netflix account, you may link your existing Netflix account to your HomeHub Plus subscription instead. After your account has been linked to HomeHub Plus subscription, Netflix will no longer charge you based on your prior payment method (e.g. credit card) from the next billing cycle.

Please refer to this link < https://www.starhub.com/personal/bundles/homehub-plus/1gbps.html > for more information about our new HomeHub Plus 1G plan.

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!
mr_alok

Honored Commentator

• 

10 Messages

3 months ago

Thanks for reply.

Could you please let me know what do you mean by "Ultra HD (subject to your device capabilities and plan change)". My TV is indeed 4K HDR and I am able to watch Netflix 4K HDR programs with DTS sound. 

1. Once I switch to Starhub, the delivery of Netflix will be via Starhub set top box. Does the box support 4K HDR and processing of DTS sound?

2. Additionally, what if I do not want to use Netflix, do you have homehub without Netflix?

3. I've also noticed, you are not providing any router with the package (since I am recontracting). Is it correct?

Carla_P

• 

1.9K Messages

• 

268 Points

3 months ago

"Ultra HD (subject to your device capabilities and plan change)" means you will get the Ultra HD screen if your device can support it and you have upgraded to the Netflix Premium Plan.

1. Yes, you can watch Netflix via StarHub set-top box (STB). Please refer to your StarHub STB user manual to check if your STB supports 4K HDR and has DTS sound.

2. Unfortunately, we no longer offer HomeHub plans without Netflix. 

3. Currently, there's a Limited Time Offer of FREE StarHub Smart WiFi (set of 2) worth $398 once you sign-up/recontract with HomeHub Plus 1G plan. 

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
mr_alok

Honored Commentator

• 

10 Messages

3 months ago

Thanks. 

Currently I am using SAMSUNG GX-SH530IP. The max resolution is 1080i (not even 1080p) and no DTS. I don't think this box support 4K HDR. Will I be getting a new box which supports 4K HDR and DTS? Which STB model supports this feature?

Note that I also use the recording.

How many channels are included in the package? 

Carla_P

• 

1.9K Messages

• 

268 Points

2 months ago

When you recontract, you won't be getting a new STB. Currently, most of our STBs' video resolution is 1080i. With that being said, we suggest that you watch Netflix without using the STB to enjoy Netflix in Ultra HD. Please keep in mind that your TV should have Ultra HD/4K capabilities and watch Netflix through its Netflix app. 

The count of channels may differ from across different Entertainment Passes that you will get. Please refer to this < https://www.starhub.com/personal/entertainment/passes.html > to check the 7 Entertainment Passes and the channels included on each pass. 

~ Carla

mr_alok

Honored Commentator

• 

10 Messages

2 months ago

Thanks. In that case there is no need to subscribe Netflix through Starhub. Moreover if I subscribe separately with Netflix directly, I'm also paying to Starhub (as Netflix subscription is already included).

So does not make any sense to continue with Starhub once my contract is over.

I can get my 1Gbps broadband from other telco, with free wifi router.
Carla_P

• 

1.9K Messages

• 

268 Points

2 months ago

Let me just clarify that you'll still be able to enjoy Netflix in Ultra HD as long as your TV has Ultra HD/4K capabilities and watch it through the built-in app of the TV. Moreover, the HomeHub Plus 1G includes 2 units of StarHub Smart WiFi. 

~ Carla

mr_alok

Honored Commentator

• 

10 Messages

2 months ago

Thanks.

Looking at the link, seems I'll be paying much more than $79.90

1. $4.00 for Netflix Premium

2. $2.10 Home Phone Line

3. $xxx Rental of STB

4. $xxx Recording option on STB

5. $xxx GST

Could you please let me know the charges for item 3, 4 and 5?

Carla_P

• 

1.9K Messages

• 

268 Points

2 months ago

The monthly rental fee of STB is $6.42.

The monthly subscription for the Smart TV™ Value-Added Service is $5.00 (including GST) for customers on StarHub Entertainment Pass. 

~ Carla

mr_alok

Honored Commentator

• 

10 Messages

2 months ago

Can you confirm if there is additional STB rental charges for HomeHub plan which you mentioned? Coz I received a call from SH and the only charges I was told is $79.90 + 2.10 (HomeLine) + 5.0 (Recording) = 87.00 (NETT) together with free Mesh router. So I am getting two different information.

Comparing with other telcos, this is much expensive.

If I switch to Singtel (Broadband + TV) there is free 6 months of Singtel TV

or

M1 (Broadband) and Singtel (TV) - there is free 2 months of BB from M1 and Free 2 months of Singtel TV.

Both seems to be better option, where staying with Starhub for past few years ther is no benefit at all.

Carla_P

• 

1.9K Messages

• 

268 Points

2 months ago

Yes, this would be the $79.90 + 2.10 (HomeLine) + 5.0 (Smart TV VAS) = 87.00 monthly subscription if you recontract on StarHub. There won't be any STB rental fee, you will only incur a rental fee if you get additional STB. Sorry for the confusion. 

Moreover, I would like to share that there's an ongoing promotion of FREE 2nd Entertainment Pass for 24 months with HomeHub Plus 1G. Please refer to this link < https://www.starhub.com/about-us/legal-notices-and-terms/terms-and-conditions/consumer/home.html > to check our current HomeHub promotions. 

~ Carla

Get Started

Get Started