Skip to main content
CH

Thu, Sep 3, 2020 3:14 AM

Hub Club Member

Hi all,

I am considering of porting all my lines from Singtel to StarHub. Would like to understand the following if anyone tried before-

1. Is CIS SIM only plan applicable for the Hub Club member tier if I have TV and broadband services under StarHub?

2. Can we apply the waiver of early mobile recontract fee of $200 to CIS postpaid plan?

Lastly if anyone can give any feedback or reviews comparing the 2 telco please for their broadband and mobile services will be greatly appreciated :)

Responses

Carla_P

• 

1.9K Messages

• 

268 Points

2 months ago

Hi @CH Hiang, warmest welcome to GreenR Community! We would also like to thank you for your interest to StarHub. Unfortunately, CIS customers will not be eligible to enjoy Hub Club discounts.  

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

3 Messages

@Carla_P thanks for the reply! Btw will CIS Sim only plan be counted as a postpaid plan for the Hub Club Member so that I enjoy the discount for other services?

AmyContrary

Esteemed Commentator

• 

12 Messages

2 months ago

Several elements to consider in your questions.

1) The CIS SIM Only plan is eligible as a single mobile line to count for Hub Club membership. However, due to its status as a CIS and SIM Only plan, it is not eligible for any Hub Club discounts. 

2) As  far as I can remember, you can indeed use the Hub Club Annual Handset Upgrade once you complete 12-months out of a normal 24-month contracted mobile service. It doesn't matter if that plan is on CIS or not.

Hope this clarifies~

(edited)

My opinions are my own and I am not employed or affiliated to StarHub in any way outside of my home and mobile plan subscriptions.

3 Messages

@AmyContrary thank you so much for the reply :) appreciate it!

Carla_P

• 

1.9K Messages

• 

268 Points

Looks like @AmyContrary has answered your query. Just want to let you know that you can hit the "Mark as Accepted Answer" her reply to help others out asking the same question. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!
phyonetizen

Senior Contributor

• 

21 Messages

2 months ago

Hi CH Hiang,

I have been using both StarHub mobile (for about 11 years) and broadband at home (for 14 years) but I didn’t have had any plans from SingTel before. So this is my sharing of my own experience of using StarHub services. 

For mobile, the speed is consistent and reliable and didn’t encounter any major disruptions. As far as I remember, there was only one instance  lasting a few hours when the data connection was down. 

What I like about StarHub is that their “My StarHub” mobile app which is very user-friendly. I can easily monitor monthly mobile data usage at a glance as well as modify the Value-added services to your mobile line within a few taps. It is very convenient for me to self-service without the need to wait or call the hotline. In the past year, there was an overhaul of the look and design of StarHub bills. It’s now very clean/less clutter and easy to understand the essential billing info at a quick glance.

For matters which you need to visit StarHub shops, you can make Appointments via the app which saves your queuing time. 

Phyo
------
Go Green with Me! [Reduce, Reuse, Recycle]
Tan

Community Sheriff

• 

378 Messages

• 

1 Point

I had the option of CIS or Hubclub discounts, but as I have more that one line registered to my account, I did the math and decided that staying with Hubclub was more worthwhile as I also have Fibre and TV services.

Like Phyo, I like the Starhub app, it is very helpful and intuitive, saves a lot of time and response is almost instantaneous.

I was a Singtel mobile subscriber years ago and without going too much into detail of my almost 15 years with Singtel, I never looked back after switching fully to Starhub, you'll not go wrong porting over.

Please do not send me enquiries via PM, I may not read them in time to help address your issues

Get Started

Get Started