R

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

Tue, Mar 30, 2021 4:55 AM

Why Starhub TV plus so lousy?

Yesterday I installed my Starhub TV+ and because I am a new subscriber I couldn't watch the TV+ because my account don't exist. Why do you have to make things so difficult? Back then TV setup box don't need to login, all you guys need to do is provision the channels for us and within hours we can watch the shows already, now with this new box I can't watch when I am not logged into the box, making things so difficult for my elderly mother. We have been waiting for the account to be active since yesterday, now is already 26hours and the account is still inactive. If you cannot make the account active in time why don't you give us a temporary account so we can access the channels while our actual account is being made? Why do you have to make things so difficult for us? My mother don't know how to navigate through YouTube, so she can't watch YouTube while the service is unavailable, and when I called the customer support yesterday they just tell me it will be up in 24hours. Now already 26hours still not up, today I called again they tell me another 24hours? Then what? Tomorrow I call again another 24hours? Might as well I wait until my contract finish don't watch, give you money can already. I really regretted changing from Singtel, I thought their TV had very little to watch so decided to give Starhub a chance, but the service haven't start already giving me shit, I really wonder how this 2 years is going to be... Makes me think twice as to whether I will continue after the 2 years, if more shit crop up I might just terminate and pay the termination fee instead of having to deal with bullshit, then go back to Singtel TV. The worst part is I bought Homehub, so if I want to terminate it's going to be more expensive. Should've just went with my instinct and got MyRepublic broadband and Starhub TV seperately, then if I terminate it'll be cheaper, now if I want to terminate still need pay termination for broadband as well.. Aww well, took an expensive lesson. If you are a Singtel TV customer don't bother switching, having less to watch is better than having nothing to watch. If you can't tell, I am furious right now. 

Carla_P

• 

5.4K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

7 m ago

Hi @randomcustomer, sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Yes, a Hub iD is required to enjoy StarHub TV+ content. Let me just clarify, if you already have a Hub iD to use with your TV+ Box? If not you may refer to this StarHub TV+ BoX guide for more information. 

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

I already have the Hub iD, I can log in to it on my phone app, but I can't watch anything on my phone app because everything have the crown symbol, which means I need to buy. When I try to connect my Hub iD to my TV box it just tells me account does not exist. Yesterday your technician tell me 2hours, then your customer support tell me my account will be ready to pair with my TV in 24hours. As of now it's already been 28 and a half hours already and I am still waiting. Ridiculous service, downtime of 2 to 3 hours for provisioning is fine, might be a little inconvenient but that's about it, 28 hours of downtime is just unacceptable. And I am angry because no one can fix the issue, every one of your colleague just tell me to wait.

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

7 m ago

Update: It's been 49 hours and the service is still unavailable. They keep on calling me saying they will expedite the issue and call back to me. Keep saying within 24 to 48hours. Might as well just wait until next year la. If you are thinking of getting the new TV+ really think twice if you're a new customer, I don't know what they are doing in the back end that's so slow it requires 2 days of downtime to get it done, and now they called me and say it might take another 1 to 2 days. I don't even know if I can watch after 4 days. This is for those new customers that are planning to switch to Starhub, don't say I didn't warn you. If you are thinking of switching to this new TV+, unless your elderly parent that need this can wait for 2 to 4 days, or even longer I'll update when the service is up. Unless they can wait, if not don't bother to get this TV+ just buy an antenna and watch free to air TV and buy the TVBAnywhere for them with chromecast. At least that way you don't have to worry about the stupid downtime. I didn't expect the downtime to be so ridiculous. Hope people can see this and learn from my lesson.

Jolene_L

Community Relationship Manager

• 

1.1K Messages

• 

82 Points

@randomcustomer We're sorry to hear of the delay that you're encountering. Could you drop us an email - community@starhub.com with your Hub iD and Community username, we'll escalate this to the team. Thank you 

-Jolene 

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

I can do that. But your colleague already escalated it 2 days ago to the relevant team. Then just now the phone call, the person also tell me he expedite and told the relevant team to urgently settle the issue and say it might take 24hours to 48hours. I don't see how you can make things any different.

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

7 m ago

Update: 5.30pm finally my account activated... So basically if you're a new customer, be prepared to wait for at least 54 and a half hours before the TV+ can be used if you are signing up for homehub. My friend told me he sign up directly from the Starhub TV+ app on his phone immediately can watch and his one only 10 dollars per month. So if you really need it just sign up that one, unless you can wait then you sign up for the homehub or the one that comes with the physical TV. I also don't understand how they can take 54 hours to activate 1 account... So inefficient it's ridiculous. Hopefully this won't be deleted, and let new customers prepare before diving into this hellhole. Still not satisfied with the service, but at least it's working now.

Carla_P

• 

5.4K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

We are genuinely sorry for all the trouble this experience has caused you. It is through your feedback and comments that we identify areas that need to be improved on our end. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

4 m ago

I shouldn’t have signed up for a new contract. If I had known that I would be bullied this much. 
On 19 June 2021 Starhub’s Hubtrooper took back the old set top box and replaced it with a smaller tv+ box. Although he didn’t manage to get the TV programs going, he asked me to sign the service form and left saying that there is a problem with the closing of the account and that I should call 1633 after an hour. By then the closing of account would have been resolved. That was around 5pm. 15 minutes later I called 1633. She said that it normally takes about an hour and that she would email the technicians to escalate my case. I called 1633 again at around 8pm. He said the exact same thing ... an hour... email to escalate... nothing happened. At 9pm I called again...same exact words. ... an hour ... email to escalate. But this time also he said maybe try tomorrow.  Ahahahahaha come on StarHub. Nothing is happening! It’s not fair to subject your customers to such a harrowing experience. The third agent even suggested a call back from his manager who also said the same exact words. Now it is 00:34 am already. With no TV and having signed the service form yesterday even tho the TV is not working, I feel so stupid. 

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

ya, their service is ridiculous. I waited for 2 entire day after the technician said it will be ready in 1 hour. their reason is because I am a new customer, but the least they could've done is give us a temporary account to watch while waiting, even if there's lesser channels. so my mom went without the TV for 2 full days and she's not working so she is at home with nothing to do. after the service is up, after a few months of using I realize how unfriendly this TV box set is for elderly, once in a while my mom will reach a channel that is not subscribed, instead of displaying the channel as unsubscribed, it will have a pop up asking you to click to bring you to the store. I find this very annoying because my mom can't read english, and everytime she press a channel that's unsubscribed it will be stuck there and I have to come and help her press cancel. basically the overall experience is really terrible, and having a lousy start to this experience made it so much worst. they definitely know what they're doing, since they lock us into a 2 year contract they know we cannot escape. it's horrible and I don't think they even listen to customer feedback. after 2 years I'm leaving and never ever will I be signing up to the starhub TV box set ever again.

Carla_P

• 

5.4K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Hi @, we are genuinely sorry if you feel that way regarding your TV+ service. We place great emphasis on the quality of service rendered to you as our valued customers. Nonetheless, it is through your feedback and comments that we identify areas that need improvement. Thank you. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 

Get Started

Get Started