beaversin's profile

Esteemed Contributor

• 

19 Messages

• 

1 Point

Tue, Feb 2, 2021 12:03 AM

Why does TV+ require a "compatible router" / SmartWIFI for free-to-air-channels?

With TV+ we only use ONT 1 I understand (no more activate of port 2). For free-to-air channels why is it necessary to use a StarHUB mandated router or Nokia Beacon with Smart WIFI?

Network gurus: what is the technical reason for this restricition

Responses

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

8 m ago

Hi @beaversin, it is because an on-net connection is needed to access free-to-air channels. The requirement for an on-net connection is a StarHub broadband with a Smart Wifi or Linksys EA8100/EA7500 router with the StarHub TV+ Box. Moreover, we are working to expand the list of compatible routers progressively over time.

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

Hi @denang73, we currently don't have any update yet. Don't worry as soon as it's available we will make an announcement on our website. Thanks for your patience. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

Sill not update on the expanded list of compatible routers for Starhub TV+? How long does a Starthub customer needs to wait????

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

Hi @denang73, unfortunately, we don't have any update yet. Thanks for your patience. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

Hi

Carla,

Thanks for your explanation.

But we have 2Gbps and compatible routers and from day one of new subscription setup, we see either one TV in the bedroom or Living Room can show free to air. Upon spending hours to connect and correct the loss..we have found the exact link with exact router connection that shows free to air channels would not work if connected to Port 3. 

So Port 1 can work but NOT Port 3!!.

Please advise what technical settings are needed or technical help from Starhub please..help

Get Started

Get Started