Janicebh's profile

Top Cat

• 

4 Messages

• 

4 Points

Sat, Feb 20, 2021 3:17 AM

Why can't I watch after change to the new TV box and my dual wifi is gone

After changing the new TV box, I can't watch everytime it gives me no signal. Only some times on weekday can watch.

Few days ago, my wifi become only fibre. My dual band is gone. 

Why like these? How to resolve my problem? 

Responses

Carla_P

• 

4K Messages

• 

1.9K Points

2 m ago

Hi @Janicebh, I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your StarHub TV+ Box. Just to check, do you get any error message? 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Top Cat

• 

4 Messages

• 

4 Points

@Carla_P no error message. Just no signal everytime I on the TV. 

Carla_P

• 

4K Messages

• 

1.9K Points

Do you encounter a black screen on your TV when you try to watch?

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

Top Cat

• 

4 Messages

• 

4 Points

No. It's just no signal everytime I switch on my tv. 

What is the solution for this? 

Carla_P

• 

4K Messages

• 

1.9K Points

For the best Wi-Fi performance, use the 5GHz band on your wireless router if supported. Also, do not place the StarHub TV+ Box in a cabinet as it may impact Wi-Fi signal strength.

If you continue to encounter Wi-Fi network issues, ensure that your Internet connection is working properly or try to reboot your modem/optical network terminal and router. A wired connection using the Ethernet cable is recommended in this case.

~ Carla

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

2 m ago

I have similar problem too. After the installation of the new exchanged set top box, I cannot watch my subscribed channels. The screen showed that An Issue is Detected, asked me to waited for 10 min. But I still cannot watch. Called the useless helpline. Totally, not helpful. Call will automatically end off within 1 min. So frustrating. 

Top Cat

• 

4 Messages

• 

4 Points

Same for me. It's very frustrating when need to call in to fix the problems. 

This box is totally useless to me when I want to watch my subscription TV channel on CNY but cannot and it's not fix for weeks already. 

Waste my money. 

Carla_P

• 

4K Messages

• 

1.9K Points

Hi @cblc77, apologies for the inconvenience you have encountered. Please help us perform some basic troubleshooting steps below to resolve or get to the bottom of the issue with your TV.

Reboot all your equipment in the following sequence:

1. Turn OFF the TV's power, IPTV set-top box, followed by the Optical Network Terminal.
2. Ensure all your cables are properly connected and secured.
> Fibre patch cord (yellow cable connecting Termination Point and Optical Network Terminal)
> LAN cable (cable connecting Optical Network Terminal to TV)
3. Wait for 1 minute. Turn ON the Optical Network Terminal power and ensure that the LED lights are green and steady. Then turn ON the set-top box and wait for the LED lights to be stable. Last but not least, turn ON your TV.

~ Carla

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

No use. The error is 5014. Finally, managed to call the helpline and got through after 12 midnight. The sale consultant helped me for almost 40min, but still useless. At one point, I cannot even view the free local channels, keep showing the "loading..." screen. 

Anyway, thanks for taking initiative to be responsive. I just got a sms saying that my appointment for today is confirmed. I guessed the company is sending technician down. 

Get Started

Get Started