nchunky's profile

Senior Commentator

• 

5 Messages

• 

2 Points

Sun, Nov 1, 2020 10:31 AM

Warning: Do NOT get the starhub tv box

I recontracted to the starhub tv+ using the starhub branded tv box recently. Based on the issues i have been encountering, i feel that it is still under beta testing and we are the guinea pig.

Issues i encountered:

1. User interface is unfriendly - example, in the old samsung tv set top box, i can browse the list of VOD (channel 839) easily and select the older content to play. In the box, it is hidden in the TV Shows section and the icons are so large with no indication of the date of the show that i have to individually open each icon to check the dates.

2. Setting a program to watchlist is not usable as it only bookmarks that exact episode and not the series. Why would i want to keep watch the same episode?

3. Shows frequently hang and i have to reboot the box to get it working. I get a blank page or error message that the web player is encountering error. This is the most serious issue as it seems to point to poor preparation for this box.

4. For VOD channels like Cantonese-on-Demand channel (839), there is a lot of content missing vs what it used to be in the set top box
5. For live channels via "fibre tv", there is a complex activation process where you MUST use the bundled Nokia router with ONE (1) LAN port available. They expect us to no longer use wired connections! Even after activating and switching to use wifi for these channels, you'll have to daisy chain another router for more ports. In addition, live channels suffer from stutter, lag and blank screens (requiring restarts)

Complaints/feedback to starhub will just get a generic answer brushing aside the issues and advocating restarts to fix issues. 

BE FOREWARNED!

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

1 y ago

Hi @nchunky, we are sorry that we have not met your service expectations. We understand that you are frustrated about these issues. Please know it's not our intention to make things difficult for you. Your feedback is important to us, and we are continuously working to provide you with a better service.

mjboon

Respected Contributor

• 

19 Messages

• 

4 Points

1 y ago

Well said and I couldn't agree more! Is very buggy and sluggish product, very disappointed with this "latest and greatest" TV+ box.

And Starhub should improve the login process (example scan QR code from Starhub mobile app), as I got automatically logout of TV+ box several times within a month.

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Hi @mjboon, apologies if you feel that way. 😔 Please know it's not our intention to make things difficult for you. But, thanks for taking the time to send us your feedback to help us improve our products and services. For login issues, we suggest that you keep the set-top box on standby instead of turning it off. If you turn it off, you will be required to re-login.

(edited)

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!
mjboon

Respected Contributor

• 

19 Messages

• 

4 Points

Thanks Carla for your reply.

Just to update, I indeed keep my TV+ box in standby. However, occasionally the TV+ box took a very long while to wake up from standby (showing few green dots on screen) and then the login screen appear.

I hope the feedback will be shared with your engineering team and operation team and we hope to see improvement so us to consume StarHub without too much hassle ... Thank you.

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

We value your feedback as this will help us to continuously improve our services by knowing what we are doing right and what we can work on in the future. We'll pass this to our relevant team. Thank you. 

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

1 Message

• 

1 Point

5 m ago

The starhub android box indeed sucks. Cannot make it. Keeps getting all sorts of errors

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Hi @user_6ef6d5, I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your TV+ box. Please let us know the issues you're encountering so we'll be able to help you resolve it. 

~ Carla

Get Started

Get Started