Warning: Do NOT get the starhub tv box
I recontracted to the starhub tv+ using the starhub branded tv box recently. Based on the issues i have been encountering, i feel that it is still under beta testing and we are the guinea pig.
Issues i encountered:
1. User interface is unfriendly - example, in the old samsung tv set top box, i can browse the list of VOD (channel 839) easily and select the older content to play. In the box, it is hidden in the TV Shows section and the icons are so large with no indication of the date of the show that i have to individually open each icon to check the dates.
2. Setting a program to watchlist is not usable as it only bookmarks that exact episode and not the series. Why would i want to keep watch the same episode?
3. Shows frequently hang and i have to reboot the box to get it working. I get a blank page or error message that the web player is encountering error. This is the most serious issue as it seems to point to poor preparation for this box.
4. For VOD channels like Cantonese-on-Demand channel (839), there is a lot of content missing vs what it used to be in the set top box
5. For live channels via "fibre tv", there is a complex activation process where you MUST use the bundled Nokia router with ONE (1) LAN port available. They expect us to no longer use wired connections! Even after activating and switching to use wifi for these channels, you'll have to daisy chain another router for more ports. In addition, live channels suffer from stutter, lag and blank screens (requiring restarts)
Complaints/feedback to starhub will just get a generic answer brushing aside the issues and advocating restarts to fix issues.