U

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

Fri, Jun 25, 2021 8:50 AM

Use my own router on fiber broadband

Hello i have a ruijie brand gateway router that i want to use on my fiber broadband but am unable to connect it to the ONT. When connected the connection keeps dropping

Responses

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

3 m ago

Hi @user_e3f45b, warmest welcome to GreenR Community! Have you tried to reboot both your ONT and router to see if the issue persists? Also, what about doing a factory reset on your router? 

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

Hi Carla..yes did both.  Somehow starhub still does not recognize this router and keeps disconnecting it.  I have tried a friend (who is a network engineer) try it on his home starhub and same problem.  He has filed a ticket with multiple reminders over past 7 days but nobody is responding.  The only way it works is if i connect my router to the linksys router which was provided by starhub.  which does not make sense and suffers speed degradation

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

In this case, please contact our Customer Support via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below as this will need further technical assistance. Thank you. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started