Paddyh's profile

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

Sun, Jun 2, 2013 5:00 AM

Updated HD Interactive very very slow

I have a Starhub HD interactive box. I returned from travel yesterday to see that starhub had updated the firmware ( I see new icons etc) - version now is 1.7.28_00. The new update makes the set top machine so slow that it is unusable. I would like to report a problem with the new update, and ask that either the old firmware be restored or please let me know what other choices are available for use as an HD dvr.

I also have Mio TV and the speed of their dvr is impressive. Starhub could look to that box as a benchmark.
KaiBoon

StarHub Prepaid

• 

9K Messages

• 

5 Points

8 y ago

Hi Paddyh

1.7.28 has been pushed out for quite some time. So you only start to experience the problem on 1 June 2013?

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

8 y ago

KaiBoon,

Was out of the country for 2 weeks. Sometime between when I left and when I returned, the format of the DVR changed quite a lot, and the speed got very slow. I assume this update was delivered to my machine in the last 2 weeks.

So for me, June 3 was when I started to experience the slow response. Takes about 10 seconds from when I push OK to when a folder will appear from my playlist for example, then another 10-15 seconds to see the shows in that folder.

KaiBoon

StarHub Prepaid

• 

9K Messages

• 

5 Points

8 y ago

Maybe you can try doing a factory reset to see if it can help resolve the problem. Please note that the recording schedule will be deleted.

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

8 y ago

Will just the recording schedule go or will the recorded programs also be deleted?
KaiBoon

StarHub Prepaid

• 

9K Messages

• 

5 Points

8 y ago

Factory reset will only delete the recording schedule.

Get Started

Get Started