R

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

Sat, Apr 3, 2021 9:15 AM

Turn off subscription popup for people that don't want that feature.

Just now my mom was changing channel, and as usual there is a popup everytime she switch to a channel that I didn't subscribe to. But this time she was trying to cancel out of that popup and pressed on subscribe instead, she cannot understand english and this popup makes this box even more unfriendly to elderly as there is a 50% chance she might accidentally subscribe to a channel or package because of this popup. It would be great if there is a way turn this feature off for those of us that signed up for TV+ for elderly, then those young people that want to keep it on can keep it on. I don't mind the extra inconvenience of having to subscribe through the app if it means my mom won't accidentally press on subscribe and end up having to pay 1 month of subscription without even watching that channel... Just make a toggle to turn it off will do, otherwise it feels very sketchy as it seems like Starhub is intentionally hoping we will accidentally press the subscribe button so we have to pay unnecessary money. If you want more money then attract more customers, don't do underhanded move like that hoping we make mistake and press subscribe. If making a toggle is impossible because of incompetent technicians, then make it so that we have to type in OTP to subscribe to avoid accidental subscription. Thank you.

Responses

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

6 m ago

Hi @randomcustomer, you may enable Parental Control with a Parental Pin  to restrict purchase. 

Change Parental PIN:

Step 1: Go to My Account > Parental Control and select the “Change PIN” option.

Step 2: Enter your existing Parental PIN and click Next.

Step 3: Enter your new Parental PIN and click Next.

Step 4: Re-enter your new Parental PIN and click Confirm.

Reset Parental PIN:

Step 1: Go to My Account > Parental Control and select the “Change PIN” option.

Step 2: Select “Forgot Parental PIN?” and a new Parental PIN will be sent to your registered Hub iD email.

Step 3: Enter the Parental PIN (provided in the email) and click Next.

Step 4: Enter your new Parental PIN and click Next.

Step 5: Re-enter your new Parental PIN and click Confirm.

Get Started

Get Started