2 Messages

• 

2 Points

Mon, Feb 22, 2021 2:00 PM

Switching from Fibre TV to Starhub TV+

Current setup

ONT
Port 1 to google wifi

port 2 to Fibre TV (2 fibre TV connected by a switch)

Question is when I switch over to Starhub TV+, can I maintain the 2 port setup at my ONT?

Port 1 to google wifi for internet access

Port 2 connect to the nokia smart/Linksys wifi router (i want to have free to air channel) and then connected to the 2 Starhub TV+

I am not interesting in replacing the google wifi setup.   

Responses

Carla_P

• 

4K Messages

• 

1.9K Points

2 m ago

Hi @benjng, warmest welcome to GreenR Community! Thanks for your continued support to StarHub. The StarHub TV+ box should be connected to port 1. If you have more than one set-top box you can have a wireless or wired connection to your Smart WiFi or Linksys router by adding a data point.

You may refer to these illustrations below.

Set-up using Smart Wifi

Set-up using Linksys router

(edited)

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

Hi Carla,

Thanks, I am aware of the standard setup you indicated.

But my question is specific, whether my preferred setup is possible.

Carla_P

• 

4K Messages

• 

1.9K Points

I'm afraid that might not be possible. However, you may get in touch with our Customer Support to further get more detailed advice with the set-up you want for your broadband and TV. Thank you. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started