vanceliang's profile

Thu, Jul 9, 2020 9:00 AM

Streaming box keeps requiring Login

I bought a starhub streaming box that was recently updated to the starhub TV+ app. Since then, periodically(everyday) the box will require a log in in order to access the content. It becomes annoying after a while as you have to login using the onscreen keyboard which is tedious to use. The box will also wake up by itself every so often even though it has been in sleep mode.

Responses

5 Messages

1 y ago

Just called StarHub and was told this a new feature and will force customers to re- login . This is totally not acceptable and frustrating. I am ok to login 1 per month for security but not every 2 to 3 days. StarHub , please take care of your customer feedback and action It ASAP.

5 Messages

1 y ago

I went to the facebook chat to report the issue and was told the same thing. Not helpful at all.

Honored Commentator

• 

9 Messages

1 y ago

Hi Carla,

I tried doing what you have suggested and the issue is still there.

Is this a software bug or meant as a new feature? If it is meant as a feature, I would like to highlight that it has created a lot of inconveniences to us.

2 Messages

• 

1 Point

1 y ago

Very annoying.... you can't be expecting old folks to login every 1 or 2 days! Pls fix the software! Now your software don't logged out but secretly remained login but disallow users from accessing paid programmes.... Need to logged out and relogin again. Whats the difference? Pls fix it asap!

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

Hi @ordix, apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. We'll take note of your feedback.

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

1 Message

• 

1 Point

7 m ago

I am facing same issue every time I want to watch I have to login. It is frustrating. Worst now have to scan using my phone to login when I want to watch tv because I don’t wish to key in my username and password every time. I was on the phone with Starhub for nearly an hour last night but issue not resolved. Instead they are sending someone to check and this time I don’t have to pay because it’s within 14 days but what if the issue crops up after 14 days? Must I pay the $40+ ?? It’s not fair because if the issue crops up again after the technician comes to my place the obviously the box or the software or whatever that’s causing this great inconvenience.

1 Message

• 

1 Point

6 m ago

This is damn f....king shit by StarHub. They really don’t give shit to us customer. My mum in law is 80 plus year old and is glued to the TV from morning to midnight. She bloody doesn’t know how to login. So starhub how; when I am stationed overseas she is alone at home. 
Give us a freaking answer. Don’t bloddy tell us: oh you have to speak to our support team. Damn starhub; damn your CEO

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

Hi @Pt13308 @sofiaufifahanah, we have shared your feedback with our product team, we are working to review and enhance the user experience for our StarHub TV+ Box. Updates will be shared with customers once it's available. Thanks for your understanding. 

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

6 m ago

im hesitatin got change starhub TV+ box. I heard it will always prompt to enter password. Why can't starhub follow netflix style, enter one time then can login no need everytime reboot and then enter.. What kind of UI is it....

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

We recommend that you put your set-top box on standby mode so you no longer have to log-in every time you turn it on. 

~ Carla

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

I'm facing this issue too. And my tv box is always on standby mode. What other advice u can give regarding this? I recontract for my mum so that she can keep herself occupied when she is home alone. But now she can't watch her tv programme when it is log out and have to wait for me to be home before I log in for her. Please remove this so called useless features. The old tv box is way much better than this.

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

Hi @Shedevil348, warmest welcome to GreenR Community. We advise that you keep your set-top box on standby mode instead. 

~ Carla

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

It's already at standby mode all this while. Please dun tell me to go Facebook messenger to resolve the problem. I have tried and is all the standard reply without resolving any problem.

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

4 m ago

I also face this problem. Starhub has no Idea what to do. This is an android box. Starhub has no idea about the problems we are facing. 

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

Hi @user_18f50d, please try to put your set-top box on standby mode instead. 

~ Carla

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

Thank you but it won't work coz whenever there is an update it's back to square one.

New Commentator

• 

4 Messages

• 

3 Points

4 m ago

Hi, I got the same issue, tv box keep requiring to login, even when I switch back from watching Disney + I was prompt to login..StarHub please solve this issue , it getting annoying.

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

Welcome to club pal. No one can fix it for now

New Commentator

• 

4 Messages

• 

3 Points

So sad and regret getting this tv box ..

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

Hi @Bryan_Tan and @user_18f50d, please know that your concern is not taken lightly. We appreciate you giving us your feedback about this. So, we will pass your feedback to the relevant team so they could take note of it. Thank you for your patience on this matter.  

~ Carla

4 Messages

• 

4 Points

I’m having this problem too. There’s no fox  given by StarHub for a year from reading the comments in this forum. Seems the only solution is to change to SingTel 

New Commentator

• 

4 Messages

• 

3 Points

4 m ago

so you StarHub is taking note on it but are you doing anything about it ? I’m not always around to login and if I’m going to give out my hub Id and password to my children and parents to login every time it log out . What is the use this the login security then …

please look into it and fix it ..

2 Messages

• 

1 Point

4 m ago

It has been a year the issue recently came back again and very frustrating…… even if the set appears to remember your login, you might not be able to access the channels… and once that happens, u need to log out n login again…… how can my 80yr old parent login by herself??

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

Hi @ordix and @Bryan_Tan, I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. The relevant team are working to address to improve our products and services. Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

~ Carla

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

13 d ago

is this issue resolved?

Get Started

Get Started