Skip to main content

Thu, Jul 9, 2020 9:00 AM

Streaming box keeps requiring Login

I bought a starhub streaming box that was recently updated to the starhub TV+ app. Since then, periodically(everyday) the box will require a log in in order to access the content. It becomes annoying after a while as you have to login using the onscreen keyboard which is tedious to use. The box will also wake up by itself every so often even though it has been in sleep mode.

Responses

Carla_P

• 

2.1K Messages

• 

395 Points

4 months ago

Hi @vanceliang, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please try to reboot your streaming box to see if the issue persists. 

We would also like to welcome you to Greenr Community. Many thanks for joining our growing Community. 😃

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

5 Messages

4 months ago

I have already tried that to no avail. Not sure what else I can do.

Carla_P

• 

2.1K Messages

• 

395 Points

4 months ago

With that being said, please reach out to our Customer Care Support Team on Facebook or Twitter as this will need further technical assistance. Moreover, we also need to log a case regarding your concern. 

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

5 Messages

4 months ago

I am having the same issue. Is your problem solved?
Carla_P

• 

2.1K Messages

• 

395 Points

4 months ago

Hi @Alsonac, sorry to hear about this. Please try to reboot all devices (ONT/VeONT, Set-top box, TV) to see if the issue persists? Also, is the firmware of your streaming box updated? 

~ Carla

5 Messages

4 months ago

Unfortunately not. However, I find that if I do a full shutdown instead of sleep every time, the problem seems to go away. But then your remote doesn't work after a shutdown so I have to put out the power cable and plug it in again to get it to start up.
Carla_P

• 

2.1K Messages

• 

395 Points

4 months ago

Hi @vanceliang, do you own more than 1 set-top box? If yes, please test the remote on the other set-top box? Also, please try to change the battery of your remote to see if the issue persists.

~ Carla

5 Messages

4 months ago

The remote does work fine once the box powers on. It just doesn't power on the box when it is in shutdown and not sleep mode.

Carla_P

• 

2.1K Messages

• 

395 Points

4 months ago

With that being said, we recommend that you reach out to my colleagues on either Facebook or Twitter for further assistance. Moreover, we also need to log a case regarding this. Thanks. 

~ Carla

Honored Commentator

• 

9 Messages

3 months ago

I am facing the same issue as well, despite having the latest firmware. 

May I know if this issue has been resolved and if yes, what is the solution?

Thanks.

Carla_P

• 

2.1K Messages

• 

395 Points

3 months ago

Hi @eddy777, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Have you tried to reboot both your ONT and streaming box to see if the issue persists? 

~ Carla

5 Messages

3 months ago

Hi Carla, you have already many complaints login issue by many users and your solution didn’t solve the problem. This issue only happens when StarHub upgraded the software recently. Please help to provide us a solution ASAP.
Carla_P

• 

2.1K Messages

• 

395 Points

3 months ago

Hi @Alsonac, unfortunately, this issue needs further technical assistance. In this case, we highly suggest that you reach out to our Customer Care Support Team on Facebook or Twitter.

~ Carla

5 Messages

3 months ago

Just called StarHub and was told this a new feature and will force customers to re- login . This is totally not acceptable and frustrating. I am ok to login 1 per month for security but not every 2 to 3 days. StarHub , please take care of your customer feedback and action  It ASAP.

5 Messages

3 months ago

Just called StarHub and was told this a new feature and will force customers to re- login . This is totally not acceptable and frustrating. I am ok to login 1 per month for security but not every 2 to 3 days. StarHub , please take care of your customer feedback and action  It ASAP.

Get Started

Get Started