Skip to main content
stealthx

Trusted Commentator

• 

21 Messages

Mon, Sep 14, 2020 8:27 AM

StarHub TV+

Hi, noticed on StarHub website that the StarHub Fibre TV (using the set-top box) is no longer being offered. Only the StarHub TV+ is now offered. Is that true? What's the difference between the two services? And why is the set-top boxes no longer being offered? There are still seniors that are used to using the set-top boxes and may have problems using the newer StarHub TV+ boxes.

Responses

stealthx

Trusted Commentator

• 

21 Messages

a month ago

also, the info on starhub tv+ at the website is limited, if not, confusing.

Carla_P

• 

1.9K Messages

• 

268 Points

a month ago

Hi @stealthx, we regret to inform you but yes, we are not offering the Fibre TV set-top box anymore but we now have the new StarHub TV+. To answer your first question, the StarHub TV+ Box features a newly refreshed user interface with a prioritized viewing experience for On-Demand content and streaming apps, whereas the Fibre TV Set-Top Box is primarily designed to cater to a traditional Live TV viewing experience.

And for your second question, consumer trends constantly evolve with customers expecting entertainment to be made available across a multitude of screens or devices they own and are no longer satisfied to watch content on traditional Pay-TV set-top boxes. We have introduced a new singular service and price plan enabled by the convergence of the current Fibre TV and StarHub Go on a platform. 

You may refer to this StarHub TV+ Box FAQ to find out more. 

(edited)

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!
stealthx

Trusted Commentator

• 

21 Messages

to your second answer, i dont think StarHub has put much consideration to the older folks. 

also, in the FAQ, it did not mention if it can work with other Internet Service Provider. There's only a one liner that says "Access Free-to-Air channels when you get connected with StarHub Broadband and StarHub Smart WiFi". One can only deduce that FTA channels are not available to other service providers, and it is unclear if other channels are also unavailable to other service providers.

Carla_P

• 

1.9K Messages

• 

268 Points

Yes, StarHub TV+ can work with other internet service providers aside from StarHub. However, Free-to-Air channels and Cross Carriage can only be accessed via the StarHub TV+ Box with an active subscription to StarHub Fibre Broadband at the same service address and billing account with a compatible router or HomeHub+ bundle.

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started