U

1 Message

• 

1 Point

Mon, Apr 12, 2021 2:19 AM

Starhub TV does not have the facility of basic needs like recording programme

I have made a contract with Starhub for 2 years. Unfortunately I found that the basic needs of a tv service provider like recording programme is not there. This feature was earlier there ( as known to us from our friends) . In the advertisement,  they will never say this kind of removal of feature. Some kund of ser top box provided nowadays cannot record.

I cannot watch tv on time. Always I watch by recording. The need of getting a basic service like recording  is not fulfilled.  There is a strange monopolistic contract system to deprive the customer from free lookout period.  So once you have made this bad contract, you have to pay $1300 ++ or stay with your fate. It is really quite horrible to deprive of consumer rights in a civilised soceity. Since they have informed me that they cannot do anything, I feel that more people should be aware of this issue so that they do not have to to suffer like me.

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

6 m ago

Hi @user_e62300, warmest welcome to GreenR Community! Unfortunately, the Smart TV Value-Added Service (VAS) for recording will not be available for StarHub TV+. Instead, we have introduced the new Time-Shift TV feature for you to catch up on your favourite programmes within the last 24 hours for selected channels at no additional cost. Please refer here for the list of the channels. 

Esteemed Commentator

• 

10 Messages

• 

4 Points

1 m ago

Hi Carla_P. That is not a solution. The use case is customer used to be able to record in advance any program in the TV guide. The program is recorded in the Western Digital HDD and the customer can watch the program any time, even after 24 hours. Now that feature is no longer there. Customers may need to look to other service providers to meet his requirements. 
https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/tv/dvr

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Hi @seawalker, sad to say, the new StarHub TV+ Box does not support recording of TV programmes. And that is why we introduced the new Time-Shift TV feature which enables our customers to catch up on programmes within the last 24 hours for selected channels at no additional cost. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started