K

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

Mon, Dec 7, 2020 4:55 AM

Starhub TV+ Box Issues/Bugs

In mid-Nov, I recontract my Starhub TV plan and upgrade the TV Box to Starhub TV+ Box.

I welcomed the new TV+ Box as It runs on Android OS, which means you can use apps like Youtube and Youtube for Kids. Running on Android OS also makes it future-proof and give it many potential to do great stuffs.

Netflix, which comes free, also give me another avenue to watch TV.

After 3 weeks of usage, I started to regret in having the TV+ Box and wish to have the old TV Box back.

I think the issues lies with the Live TV app, whiuch can be very un-stable at time. The TV+ Box also have it's own issues.

1) Starhub channels will hang once a while and I will need to exit to "Home" before I can switch back to Live TV.

2) When Starhub TV channels hang, and exit to "Home" does not solve the problem, I will need ti reboot the TV+ Box by unplugging the power plug.

3) If I happen to switch to a Starhub Channel not support by the TV+ Box or has been discontinued, I will be stucked at the error page. Exit to "Home" and back to Live TV don't help. Only way is to quickly switch to other working channel when switching back on Live TV. Channel up/down won't help, need to key in a working channel.

4) This morning (7th Dec) when my kid is watching Ch 303 (Cbeebies) it keep getting pixelated. Switching to Ch302 (Baby TV HD) or Ch 304 (Nick Jr, HD) also pixelated. I reboot the TV+ Box numerous times and it's of no help. At one time it shows "poor network" and I reboot my Starhub Fiber also no help. The TV+ Box was very hot even though it was in a well ventilated location.

I'm thinking of exchanging my TV+ Box to a normal TV Box, is it possible?

Valued Commentator

• 

10 Messages

• 

8 Points

1 y ago

I have ‘banged’ table and tried to escalate. They have upsell the new box and refused to let me retain the old box, noting they actually still offered recontract to old boxes.

It seems difficult. Let see how they have to say.

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

1 y ago

Agreed as per my own post, TV+ service is garbage !!!

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

yes total garbage. 

all they ask u to do is restart n restart. 

my dad is the one using the tv+ he doesnt even read english. i cant be there to troubleshoot everyday.

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

Agreed! If Starhub think their target audience is the younger crowd then they are absolutely wrong! Most of us subscribe is for the parents and this is soooooo not user friendly now.

6 Messages

• 

6 Points

I strongly agree. My parents have just been recontracted over to Tv+ . It’s been a month since we’ve had the TV+ now. Subscribed channels sometimes come up with error messages , I have also on several received messages such as “this channel is not available” for all subscribed channels, on some days the channel number that I punch into my remote differs to the channel displayed on tv, we have had to restart our tv SEVERAL TIMES and log in and out, which is something we have never had to do on the old system. We have encountered weak WiFi reach on the Nokia beacon and has very unfortunately affected a Live Radio interview that was conducted. We pay over a hundred dollars in our bill to bear with this. It doesn’t seem quite justified 

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Hi @Sureview, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing recurring issues with your TV+ service. Unfortunately, I'm unable to help you since this will require further technical assistance to address your concern. May I trouble you to please send a message to our Customer Support via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below? 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

6 Messages

• 

6 Points

Thank you for your message Carla. I understand technical issues are out of your control. I contacted the technical division who put me through almost 90 minutes of guidance over the phone to perform a Factory Reset to resolve the issue of the subscribed channels not showing up. It was resolved, albeit after 90 minutes. I was advised to write these instructions down for my parents the next time I get a similar error. The instructions, if you've been through a factory reset yourself that is, are not as simple as the advise provided. It has surprised me that technical teams who would take user requirements into mind when designing a system advise that these lengthy on-screen instructions are acceptable for all elderly persons to carry out independently. There are technical terminologies , OTPs, and pin numbers that require one to re-sign into each apps after a factor reset.

So, after an apology for the inconvenience on behalf of the tech team, the situation was marked closed.

This afternoon I faced a minor issue in relation to switching channels where a channel is keyed onto the Starhub remote and a different channel shows up on the tv. 

What would you advise Carla?

1) Contact the technical department again? 

2) Spend another hour or so explaining the situation to them?

3) What happens when a situation that warrants a factory reset recurs, do I simply spend 30 minutes of my time resetting these settings each time for a 30 minute program I was originally planning to watch?

It is apparent that these issues are recurrent. 

I was assured a return call by Starhub on this matter but other than routing me to the technical team I have not received a call.

I look forward to more constructive advice.

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

1 y ago

Hi @kennethteng, we are genuinely sorry that we have not met your service expectations. Please know it's not our intention to make things difficult for you. Unfortunately, you can't revert back to the old set-top box once you recontract. I highly suggest that you send a message to our Customer Support via Facebook Messenger so they could log a case regarding your concern for further assistance. Thank you. 

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

1 y ago

Hi Carla,

I went down to Starhub Shop last evening and was given a replacement TV+ Box.

After I hook-up the box late at night, I wasn't able to view any channels and was asked to pay for the channels that I already subscribed.

After calling the Starhub Hotline, I was told that the new TV+ Box was not registered to my account yet due to back-end issue so was promised to resolve within 24hrs.

As of this morning, I'm still not able to view any channels and will wait until tonight to escalate if the problem persist.

This was my 2nd issues pertaining to Startup back-end issue. When I recontract back in mid-Nov, I lost my internet connections due to back-end did not switch over to my new plan and after numerous calls to hotline and complain via Starhub FB messenger did the issue get resolved with your Green Trooper at my home.

Really disappointed with the Starhub service, being a loyal customer.

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

I've also replaced my set top box and it doesnt help at all! 

1 Message

• 

1 Point

8 m ago

Just second day of TV+ and error of no signal appearing on the screen. Tried rebooting endless time. the green light on the box keeps on blinking and gets off. Any solution for this or else i just go starhub shop and replace the box?

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Hi @ravibadiger81, sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Since the issue persists despite rebooting your device, please contact our Customer Support via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below as this will require further technical assistance. Thanks.

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

I must say I'm not really happy with the  TV+ android box either!

Example:
- Live TV revert back to android dashboard if the remote isn't touched for a while...

I like to work with TV on (working at home).

HOW to make so that Live TV does NOT revert back to android dashboard?

STARHUB, this is not customer friendly at all.

Thank you for any feedback.
Cheers

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Hi @Ramses, warmest welcome to GreenR Community! Please be informed that if you have been viewing Live TV continuously for 5 hours without any button press on the remote control, the StarHub TV+ Box will prompt to check if you are watching. Simply press the OK button to dismiss the pop-up.

~ Carla

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

Hi Carla,

Thank you for your feedback.

That's exactly what I'm talking about.
After lunch I need to press that damn button.

With the previous box I did not had to do this.

I'd like you guys to update your box to add a option to deactivate that.
As a customer, I've never requested to get a popup while watching TV.

Some 20 years ago I've worked for a cable company Tv+Internet.
We would NEVER add such feature without a door for our customers to deactivate it.

Please upstream this request to your dev department.

Thank you for getting back to me on that.

Regards,
PL

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

We do understand your sentiments, @Ramses. We place great emphasis on the quality of service rendered to you as our valued customers. It is through your feedback and comments that we identify areas that need improvement. Thank you!

~ Carla

10 Messages

• 

10 Points

7 m ago

we recontracted to the starhub+ and i am regretting it so very much. on day one, the free to air channels can't be viewed at all. after technician came on day 2, few hrs after they left, a no signal found prompt keeps popping up. first it was only on the free to air channels then later escalated to the cable channels on day 3. when i called, tweet, pm on fb, all insist i reboot or talk to a helpdesk. in the end they assigned a technician to come tomorrow. sigh starhub, you don't expect us to reboot every single time right? the senior citizens, my elder parents haven't been able to watch tv peacefully. my father have not watch tv for 2 days because of the issue. are you expecting us to pay when the issue can't be decently fix? 

same as those in this thread has mentioned, the ones watching are our elder parents. do not expect all your customers are high tech savvy.... but even IF we are tech savvy, it still irritates us if the problem persist. what is the point of paying if all we get is freezing screens and no signal found pop up. 

maybe you don't care if one or two of us discontinue because starhub is quite rich and continue to ignore the minorities. 

please take this issue seriously because we do not want to sit through screen freezing every 5-10 seconds and with the No Signal Found popup appearing on the screen. It's not healthy too to keep rebooting the android box and router if the problem still occurs. 

My router is Linksys EA7500 V2 by the way. 

(edited)

mrlim17

Valued Contributor

• 

24 Messages

• 

13 Points

@Carla_P, everyday there are new customers complaining on the same issue (M7002). Why don't starhub just acknowledged the error, and solve the problem once and for all?

There is no point telling us "how much you understand our sentiments", but the only think you could tell us to do is to reboot the whole setup again and again, or go send a messenger using the facebook messenger, when they will tell us the same.

Why don't you give me the email address of your CEO and I will write to him personally.

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

@sarinah It's absolutely useless and totally waste of time to reply him. All someone could say is apologise and ask us the SOP questions. COME ON! pple who wrote here have went through the trouble shooting process countless time and we are not paid by Starhub to do their work! We are paying for the service! Starhub service is ABSOLUTELY DISAPPOINTING!

I'm lucky to reach a starhub care consultant Raphael and he shared with me what could possibly work and it does! I've the exact router that you have and the same problem. He advise me to upgrade to the Nokia Beacon 1. I did, the same night I got 2 units and it didnt happen again. Raphael knows his job! He explain to me that mesh coverage are smaller so I bought 2 and so far the problem didn't happen. Search carousell and there are many sellers selling the Nokia Beacon for only half the price. Good luck!

10 Messages

• 

10 Points

@elyno hi, thank you for replying to me. I have the Nokia Beacon 1, 2 of them, I was given last year but it was madness because I could barely get my connection. Thus I only trust linksys.

Fortunately, i don't know if it's coincidence, I did a(nother) reboot on my linksys router for about 2mins & then I waited for another 2mins before turning on the android box. While they're turned off, the posts of the issues I posted on Twitter & Facebook, I tagged IMDA. Few minutes later, I turned everything back on. Since then, about 4hrs, there is no more of that M7002 issue. There was no pop up. I hope it stays this way.

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

I'm so glad it works for you! Since I already have the Nokia Beacon, really dont want to touch on it. Starhub need to realise most of us subscribe is for the aged parents to watch and if things is so difficult for us, how will they be able to manage?

One more tip Raphael shared wif me is not to turn off the power supply for the TV box. He said it's okay to keep it on standby mode.

It's such disgusting that we users had to resort to try and resolve things ourselves here. Where is Starhub?! Who collect hundreds from us every month?!

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Hi @mrlim17, we are aware that a number of people are experiencing the M7002 error. For people who are encountering this issue, we always advise them to power off their ONT, Router and set-top box first and power on the devices in order one at a time 2 minutes apart. Also, to set their set-top box on standby. And if the issue persists to do a factory reset on their router. 

~ Carla

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

7 m ago

@Carla_P, no need to understand our sentiments. no need to say all those fluff cos action will speak louder than words. ACKNOWLEDGE that Linksys router is not compatible with the Android Box!

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Hi @elyno, let me just share that Linksys router is compatible with the new StarHub TV+ Box. 

~ Carla

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

I think you mean "partially compatible". Live TV definitely has an issue when using a Linksys router and this is a big problem. 

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

To all encountering this issue,

First let me clear out that I do not have the issue myself (Linksys router has been replaced).

Also, the advice Carla shared is valid.

Like many of you, I'm an IT expert. And turning devices ON in order and at interval CAN have an impact.

While this solution isn't a proper one, at least it could get your signal back.

When booting, "smart" devices expects some services to be "reachable" for them to properly initiate. The system while not finding these services can most certain boot but then if the aforementioned service becomes available later on it might not be managed properly.

So here's what I'd suggest:

1) - First of all, Power all devices off.

2) - Power on ONT - wait 2 min (well as soon as he's hooked)

3) - Power on ROUTER - wait for router full boot cycle and then wait for it to init internet access.

4) - Power on Starhub Android box - wait for it to boot. This takes time. Wait like 3-4 min to make sure.

5) - Then power on the TV.

On another note, I'd like to share with Carla that the choice of going with this Android box is bad. Really bad. I'm not sure what your Strategy & Development director had in mind, but he either got a clouded mind or got some bad consultancy.

Because competitors are going with Android doesn't mean you have to. Android = Google. And Google is wrong in terms of privacy!

Thank you.

(edited)

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Hi @Ramses, we have been gathering and sharing customers' feedback with our product team. So, we're constantly reviewing and enhancing the user experience for our StarHub TV+ Box. The updates will be shared once it has been available. Moreover, we highly recommend that the set-top box be on standby mode so it will automatically update once we roll out new updates. Thanks. 

~ Carla

10 Messages

• 

10 Points

7 m ago

here is another issue i encounter yesterday. i ignored it because it doesn't seem to affect the other android box and assume it's a temporary issue. 
why is it when i turn on the streaming apps, there is no audio? i have to on off the box then the audio comes on??????

& I DO NOT UNDERSTAND Why it does not support Dolby Digital audio. Where is the Dolby Digital 5.1 audio on the movies & series?????? 

I used to watch most with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio but now there's none.... 

I am really regretting taking this package. Not Upgrading but literally downgrading.

seriously so many issues this starhub tv+ android box thing ah.

you know, it's a good idea this thing but did you guys actually go through trial and error before rolling out? or is it because you need to clinch the Disney+ contract before others????

(edited)

1 Message

• 

1 Point

Just discovered this issue! no wonder the netflix doesnt give me 5.1 sound anymore. this feature should be there since it is advertised as such.

when will this be fixed?? 

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Hi @goofymakmak please be informed that our StarHub TV+ Box has Dolby Digital audio. You may also refer to the comment of Bing Go here for reference. 

~ Carla

10 Messages

• 

10 Points

7 m ago

more issues i have noticed. channels would go missing time to time and we have to keep rebooting devices. 

sadly, since it's my elder parents watching the TV, having them getting up back and forth to on off switch powers of the Android box device is a troublesome. more so when this elders gets panic and have no idea what to see wait for. 

when we are watching news and concentrating on a show & suddenly, you have to reboot. sigh...... also note, router is not connected for one device but many devices in one house. pc & mobile phone and when those are on their pc or phones are doing something and we have to reboot the router, it's a major disturbance. If Starhub thinks "that's how it is" then you are wrong. Please remember that. 

again time to time, screen will still freeze & pops up the No Signal Found.

a big flaw when you call customers to promote this package but only saying the good thing about it. that is pretty much scammed. Yeah, I do feel I was scammed and regretting. 

today marks the 5th day encountering the problem.

ps; i will keep posting at this thread for every problems i get on this Super Awesome Starhub TV+ Android Box. 

(edited)

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

7 m ago

I totally share Sarinah's pain and frustration.  I recontracted to the Starhub TV+ 2 weeks back, and it has been non-stop frustration since I received the TV+ box.  I get that dreaded "No signal found M7002" issue frequently. I've tried everything, including all the suggestions mentioned above. I even factory resetted my Linksys EA7500V2 router.

Contacting the Customer Service via Facebook Messenger is an exercise in frustration and futile.  You type in a query and wait 5min for a response.  After 30min and 5 useless responses, I gave up.

The new TV+ box is a lemon.  Is Starhub even listening to all who are complaining here?  Surely you are not waiting for customers to band together and pursue a legal route.  

I want a very simple answer - what is my recourse?  Can I contract back to my previous package and get back the old Samsung TV box?

(edited)

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

i fully agree with the pain points that are shared here because i am also experiencing the same stuff.  I am also asking to change back to the old traditional contract because starhub lied for me to switch to this new TV plus stuff that does not work. But they just play hide and seek with you and hope that you will give up chasing them. Maybe we should all band together to take up legal suit wtih them. this is almost like a scam!

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Hi @Etharial, I'm sorry that my colleagues on Facebook Messenger are taking longer to respond to your query as we have been receiving a high volume of messages. Have you tried to do a factory reset on your Linksys router to see if the issue persists? 

~ Carla

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Hi @slowjlow. sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Please set your StarHub TV+ Box on standby mode. Also, try to reboot just your router and if the issue persists do a factory reset to your router. 

~ Carla

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

Yes, like I stated in my post, I factory-resetted my Linksys router

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

In this case, please get in touch with our Customer Support via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below as this will need further technical assistance.

~ Carla

10 Messages

• 

10 Points

7 m ago

Day 5 with the Starhub TV+ android box. 

Yesterday, I had some 800+ channels not available. Today some Sports 200+ channels and 500+ channels are not available. Yesterday I went through No Signal Found again & router suddenly died & had to be reboot. 

As I afraid of, it did happened. My father was concentrating on the news only to have missed about 15mins of the 30mins.

& I can hear you starhub people already saying "Go online la can read.".... yeah you tell that to your own elders..... 

Rebooting device aka switching the main switch off and on off and on few too many times each day just to get the channels back is just tiring. Even our desktop pcs and laptops don't have to reboot/restart 4-5× each day–unless it's dying 😒

(edited)

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. There was a TV Channel Outage yesterday which resulted in some subscribers experiencing some missing channels on StarHub TV+.  Are you still experiencing this issue? 

~ Carla

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

7 m ago

Carla

I have already rebooted, factory reset, anything possible has already been done.  I think the same goes for everyone in this group that are experiencing the frustration! it is unfortunate that you are being tasked to be the frontliner to take all the bullets and to continue to talk rubbish to try to pacify us. We want concrete solution, not sweet talk.

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

As you've mentioned that the issue persists despite doing the basic troubleshooting steps we have shared with you. Please send a message to our Customer Support via Facebook Messenger as this will require further technical assistance and so that we could escalate this to the relevant team. Thanks. 

~ Carla

mrlim17

Valued Contributor

• 

24 Messages

• 

13 Points

7 m ago

@slowjlow , forget about the facebook messenger, they will just ask you to reboot and all those stuff again. They are unable to solve your problems. Call 1633 directly.

@Carla_P , I called 1633 on Sun, they promise that your outbound team will call me yesterday at 3pm, but no one called. So how should I proceed?

10 Messages

• 

10 Points

@mrlim17 @slowjlow Twitter, Facebook, 1633, Technician (that comes to your house to fix it) will all do and tell the very same thing. Reboot the devices. The android box, the router. Worst thing, Factory Reset router. The 2nd technician that came to my house admitted that the problems we are experiencing has been a problem since day 1 & that it was much worst before. Well, losing signals for 3 days and after that losing channels & again signals subsequently intermittently is not much better in any way too.

If no one calls you back, you have no choice to proceed leaving your phone on speaker and go through the customer service and listen to music until you get through again. Repeat the whole damn thing every single time to them until they arrange a technician down for you. It's sad that this is troublesome for both sides but currently this is how it is. 

I bet those Starhub staffs, the customer services etc are not even using this starhub tv+ boxes due to the problems occurring. I even had a customer service agreeing with me when I said I did not like the Nokia Beacon 1 because it gave shit to me, I could barely get any wifi network despite & everything was laggy as if they are stuck.

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

exactly, i have also called 1633, technical line will tell you how to reboot , factory reset, which the same old problem will continue.  CS line will continue to play hide and seek with you, always telling you that someone from sales will be calling me within a day or 2. But it has been a month at least. it is really like a scam!

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

@mrlim17 Please send a message to our Customer Support via Facebook Messenger so they could follow up on your promised call back. Apologies for the inconvenience as I don't have access to your account details here in the Community for security. Thanks. 

(edited)

~ Carla

Valued Commentator

• 

10 Messages

• 

8 Points

What I could suggest to those having problems.

Lodge a report with CASE and IMDA. Remind them to cross-check other complaints.

Give Starhub one month to resolve all issues, including Dolby Digital 5.1. If not, request CASE and IMDA to allow early termination without contract penalty as it is quite apparent the service provider could not provide a minimal service standard.

Call in 1633 to inform the senior manager that a formal complaint has been made, and if Starhub does not resolve within one month, you will terminate and not pay any amount.

I did this and manage to change back to the previous Samsung TV Box. Total time spent talking to the Senior Manager + Technical Team + Wait Time took about 12 hours over 1 month after at least 30 calls. I even told the Senior Manager why not I come speak to you at your office. He said this is not possible as he is based in KL. Approval needs to be sought from the SG product team.

Life is back to norm.

I know somebody who managed to break off the contract. I honour my contract still but has decided SingTel TV will be my only choice after been with Starhub TV for 10+ years after this contract.

@Carla, there is absolutely no point to ask people to enquire through Facebook because they cannot solve any issues and will request the customer to call 1633. So STOP using your delay tactics and tell your management that there is a genuine problem on the ground. Starhub should know the problem does not go away by itself.

(edited)

mrlim17

Valued Contributor

• 

24 Messages

• 

13 Points

For all following this thread, IMDA has responded to me, and I have provided full information to them for their follow up, including links to this forum.

Hope IMDA is able to do something about this.

Meanwhile, I am in the process of terminating my recurring payment to Starhub.

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

7 m ago

I want to share this for the benefit of @sarinah, @mrlim17 and fellow sufferers.

Out of desperation and after reading @elyno's post above about using the Nokia Beacon 1, I switched my router from the Linksys EA7500v2 to the Nokia Beacon 1 (which I got from 2 re-contracts back).  For good measure, I resetted and re-logged into my TV+ box.  My TV+ box is connected to the Nokia Beacon router via ethernet cable, not wifi.

I encountered no issues since lunchtime yesterday after doing this.  Even the local live TV channels were ok. Fingers crossed. will continue to monitor.

@Sarinah, not sure why u are having issues with the Nokia Beacon 1.  Maybe want to give it another try?  I had a relatively fuss-free setup, though need to wait a bit when using the Nokia Wifi app on phone to set up the router.

I can only conclude that the TV+ service is not compatible with the Linksys EA7500v2 router.  I really didn't want to stop using the Linksys router as it is a better router than the Beacon1, but my parents were giving me grief over the TV problems.

Hope this is useful.

(edited)

10 Messages

• 

10 Points

7 m ago

Day 9 with Starhub TV+. 

This morning my elder mother turn on the tv only to see the hub ID log in page. 

Lucky for her I am home to log in back for her. 

Woohoo! Another day, another issue.

No Signal Found M7002 can't be fix. Missing channels can't be fix. 

Now, the box being log out, should have a fix right? 

Now tell me how can I stay forever log in. So that my elder parents won't be TV-less when I'm not home. Poor mother, can't watch her TVN & KBS WORLD when we're paying for it but only to be logged out. 

Oh well in any case, all problems above will literally not let my elder parents watch tv when it occurred...

@Etharial Hello. Thank you for your insight. IMO different venues are suitable with different equipments. For you, good for you if the Nokia Beacon 1 is better for you. Unfortunately it was not for me. my Linksys EA7500V2 still works the best for my HDB flat. 

1 Message

• 

1 Point

@sarinah You should try using both routers at the same time. Connect ONT to Nokia beacon 1 WAN port then connect the Nokia beacon 1 to linksys router by ethernet cable. 

Then your starhub set top box have to connect to the Nokia beacon 1 WiFi and the rest of your devices connect to the Linksys WiFi. Basically your Linksys router is acting as an access point. 

This is what I did in order to solve this issue. Nokia beacon 1 is compatible with the starhub set top box but it's WiFi signal is very bad. Linksys router has good WiFi signal but will have issues when connected to the set top box. 

(edited)

Get Started

Get Started