Skip to main content
P

Thu, Sep 17, 2020 6:20 AM

Starhub Streaming Box getting worse?

1.  Every two/three days, my already subscribed paid-tv programs become 'on demand'.  Only way is to login again.  After a long day at work, late night dinner, and at 11PM on bed, lights are off.  The last thing I wish to do is to grab that useless-unresponsive remote control and type in my user ID and password. 
  2. Since last software update,  'Go Family' channels are kept way below the 'on demand' videos and are hidden deep inside multiple menu links.  After a long day at work, late night dinner, and at 11PM on bed, lights are off.  The last thing I wish to do is to grab that useless-unresponsive remote control and keep clicking the painful-to-press rubber buttons to reach to BBC News.
  3. Since last software update, viewing a channel is no longer a one-button-click affair.  Suppose you are patient enough to click through and reach to BBC News icon, you click on it and expect the program to turn up.  But no.  What you see is a general information about the channel.  As if we do not know 'what BBC News channel' is.  To view the program, you have to click on 'Watch now' button.  After a long day at work, late night dinner, and at 11PM on bed, lights are off.  The last thing I wish to do is to learn what BBC News channel is in a hard-to-read paragraph on a far away TV screen.
  4. Since last software update, changing channels no longer works reliably.  When you change a channel, there often is a message saying "SSM Setup Session Request gets failure"  with just "OKAY" button to click.  What the F*** is that!!!  I just want to view my BBC News!  After a long day at work, late night dinner, and at 11PM on bed, lights are off.  The last thing I wish to do is to read these cryptic error message with only option to do is click 'OKAY'.   This is NOT okay!!!!
  5. After all these troubles, I learnt one thing.  Just ignore those useless things and go straight to 'YouTube' app that comes with the Streaming Box.  Search for cats/dogs/travel/food/whatever and start watching them. But at this point, what is the point of subscribing to StarHub and getting back nothing but cryptic error messages, unreliable software, difficult-to-use user interface, time-consuming steps to reach a simple BBC News channel?

The moment my contract ends, I am going to return this piece of s**t and never going to subscribe to this service again.

Responses

Carla_P

• 

2.1K Messages

• 

395 Points

Hi @phyopiyo, our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you. Just to confirm, what streaming box are you using? Are you using the new StarHub TV+ Box? 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

4 Messages

Thanks for the reply.  I am using old streaming box that comes with my subscription in 2018.

Carla_P

• 

2.1K Messages

• 

395 Points

Have you tried to reboot both your ONT and set-top box to see if the issue persists? Usually, a reboot will resolve most issues encountered. 

(edited)

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

4 Messages

I have tried.  Does not make any difference.  Set-top box is always power-off daily.

Thanks for your follow up.  I understand there is nothing much you can do.  I have already made up my mind to throw away this device (with pleasure) as soon as my contract ends. 

Carla_P

• 

2.1K Messages

• 

395 Points

Sorry to hear about this, but since the issue still persists after rebooting both your ONT and set-top box, it's highly recommended that you reach out to my colleagues via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below. Rest assured, that they'll be the best folks to assist you further with this concern. 

(edited)

~ Carla

New Commentator

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

I have exact same issues. I have an additional issue. When I click on the channel icon, and if the title of the show displays as "Unknown", and when I click "Watch now". Nothing happens, and I can't watch that channel and other channels after that. Reboot does not solve the problem. This happens very frequently. This happens with Asian Entertainment channels, as I watch them mostly.

(edited)

Carla_P

• 

2.1K Messages

• 

395 Points

Hi @faxue, sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Since rebooting does not solve the issue, it's highly recommended that you reach out to my colleagues via Facebook by clicking the link below so they could further assist you and log a case regarding this. Thanks!

~ Carla

Get Started

Get Started