R

5 Messages

• 

4 Points

Mon, May 3, 2021 10:08 AM

Starhub Android Box no sound

Hi,

I have been on the new Starhub Android box since beginning of this year.

I keep loosing audio and some time video.

The android box is connected via hdmi to the TV.

I got the box replaced but still after an hour and sometimes lesser of TV viewing.

No sound on apps i.e. HOTSTAR or LIVE TV

I have HOTSTAR for eg on another apple tv box that i have and there is works fine.

The issue is not with my broadband connection but seems to be with the android box

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

I have had the old set top box for almost 20 years and never faced such issues and  i am told that we cannot go back to set top box.

Responses

5 Messages

• 

4 Points

16 d ago

Hi,

I am loosing sound on all applications on my android box. Live TV and Apps(Hotstar)

It is connected to my tv via hdmi.

I got the box replaced but to no avail.

If i reboot it sometimes work and then after few hours it works again.

The TV viewing experience with normal set top boxes was almost flawless, the current android box solution is sadly not and makes me wish for having the set top boxes back which i am told is no longer possible.

The issue is NOT with the broadband either, because Hotstarfor eg works fine on apple tv but not on android box.

Not sure what is wrong...

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Rama

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Starhub Android Box

48 Messages

• 

48 Points

16 d ago

Can you try going to the tv+ box settings > Apps > Starhub TV+ > Force stop > Clear data. The app should open again and you will have to log in again.

For the hotstar app, what happens if you reboot the tv+ box? Does the sound work again?

(edited)

5 Messages

• 

4 Points

Thanks for the advice, i tried that but that would mean i have to log in all over again and even after doing so it is a question of time before it goes audio less 

48 Messages

• 

48 Points

Well then, what internet router are you using? Maybe something specific could be the problem.

Carla_P

• 

4.3K Messages

• 

2.1K Points

15 d ago

Hi @ramaratnams, sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Just to check, are you experiencing audio issues for all channels? Also, please reboot all equipment (ONT, Router, StarHub TV+ Box, TV). Turn off all equipment and turn it on in the following order:
1st equipment to be turned on: ONT
2nd equipment to be turned on: Router
3rd equipment to be turned on: TV+ Box
4th equipment to be turned on: TV

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started