Honored Contributor

• 

38 Messages

• 

4 Points

Fri, Nov 22, 2013 6:00 PM

Retail hub station no longer usable?

Hi

Is it true that those with 'old' retail hub station will not be able to receive tv contents from Dec 2013?
KaiBoon

StarHub Prepaid

• 

9K Messages

• 

5 Points

8 y ago

I have not heard anything about that.
ALCW

Honored Contributor

• 

38 Messages

• 

4 Points

8 y ago

hi KB

i hear conflicting info from your helpdesk/sales team. now i am not sure what is true.

how can i confirm this info?

sfans

Esteemed Consultant

• 

178 Messages

8 y ago

hi!

if i am not wrong, SH wants you to activate the new card which have to be activated by 26 dec if i am not wrong, by now you should have already receive the new card which have instruction in it on how to activate it, if i am not wrong, you have the retail hub station, right?

ALCW

Honored Contributor

• 

38 Messages

• 

4 Points

8 y ago

Tks

So if I have activated the new card on the retail hub station, i don't have to worry abt my hub station being unable to recieve signal?
sfans

Esteemed Consultant

• 

178 Messages

8 y ago

Hi,

Yes, precisely. Once your new card is activated, you should be able to continue using till you give up the box.

KaiBoon

StarHub Prepaid

• 

9K Messages

• 

5 Points

8 y ago

@ALCW

Bingo
lonewolfsg

Respected Advocate

• 

192 Messages

8 y ago

@ALCW wrote:
Hi

Is it true that those with 'old' retail hub station will not be able to receive tv contents from Dec 2013?

I'm amazed your retail hubstation set is still working!! Smiley LOL

Mine died 'on the dot' shortly after the warrenty period is over. 

sfans

Esteemed Consultant

• 

178 Messages

8 y ago

hi! you can send it for repair, no issue, than after repair , you can then reinstate your box. but not sure sh can offer ?  actually, you own the box, so as long as you are paying the rental, they can still activate the box (probably you need to check again with sh on this ). what happen to it?

sfans

Esteemed Consultant

• 

178 Messages

8 y ago

i believe the letter  you are saying is the new card to be use to continue watching sh, according to my letter, it did say if you didn't update by oct, you may not be able to view , maybe due to update of sh box signal , but strange, you are still able to watch, maybe they are doing  by location, i am in the east so probably it may be the early bird.  you can just call or write to them through your hub account, sh will reply of call you within 3 days. lot more better than calling them if you are not in hurry. good luck : )

ALCW

Honored Contributor

• 

38 Messages

• 

4 Points

8 y ago

tks for the response

the frustrating and disappointing experience over the last 5-6 weeks is that starhub kept givning me conflicting information.

version 1 - my retail hubstation will not be able to recieve signals to watch. a letter to be sent but til now it never arrived

version 2 - my retail hubstation is fine

version 3 - last week, a letter is sent but still i have not gotten it

so i am not sure what is true...

lonewolfsg

Respected Advocate

• 

192 Messages

8 y ago

@sfans wrote:

hi! you can send it for repair, no issue, than after repair , you can then reinstate your box. but not sure sh can offer ?  actually, you own the box, so as long as you are paying the rental, they can still activate the box (probably you need to check again with sh on this ). what happen to it?

Nay. Not worth repairing so long abadoned and switch to rental HubStation set. Now using Hubstation HD now (which the retail set cannot support anyway). 

I remember when I asked SH, they just washed their hand and refer you to the manufactrer authorised repair shop (which believe it or not was just a small shop operating out of a HDB store in Hougang) So you can guess the kind of service they provide. I gave up when I heard about the 'assessment' cost they charged.

RogerBlack

Senior Advocate

• 

149 Messages

8 y ago

if your smart card # (under the barcode) starts with 0292, you are good to go...there will be no problem using the box

Get Started

Get Started