Wurlitzer's profile

Trusted Advocate

• 

193 Messages

• 

10 Points

Sat, Apr 26, 2014 5:00 PM

Remote Control Model number

I have a digital set top box, CISCO 4586DVB, can ayone tell me the MODEL NUMBER of the remote control that comes with it, this is the bog-standard remote, not a universal one.  It has a number on the back, CA276, but this is not the model number apparently.

I need the code to see if it is supported by my Harmony Universal remote.

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Wurlitzer

Trusted Advocate

• 

193 Messages

• 

10 Points

8年前

Sorted, I needed to only enter the STB details, rather than selecting "STARHUB" I searched for CISCO 4586DVB and the Harmony database has returned to codes for the associated remote.

Khai

Hubbernauts

• 

200 Messages

• 

5 Points

8年前

Hi I am using Hub Station HD DCI82 and HD Interactive Set-Top Box (Samsung GX-SH530CF). Both works well with my Harmony Remote 700. Since it works well with the "just launched" SH latest Samsung GX-SH530CF, I dont see why it wont work with your CISCO 4586DVB.

Some Harmony remote has an IR receiver at the back pf the remote to learn your SH remote. Perhaps you can allow your Harmony remote to learn the SH remote. More info from SH here: http://www.starhub.com/personal/support/tv/equipment/universal-remote-guide.html

Wurlitzer

Trusted Advocate

• 

193 Messages

• 

10 Points

8年前

Hi and thanks for the reply.

Harmony provide a web site that can upload the IR codes directly to their remote control but in order to do this I need to provide the Starhub remotes model number so the correct codes are uploaded to the harmony.

The number on the back of the Starhub remote is not actually the model number of the remote, it's that nuber that I am trying to find.

I've already uploaded my TV, media centre and AVR codes to the harmony, now just need to add the starhub remote's.

I can also have the harmony learn the codes from the starhub remote but it's a bit tedious Smiley Happy

Khai

Hubbernauts

• 

200 Messages

• 

5 Points

8年前

Yea. Was just about to give u a screen shot of the logitec harmony setup page. Great that u got it.

BTW this setting can be used for most SH setup boxes. I chaged a few setup boxes and no need to change harmony settings. Awesome!

Wurlitzer

Trusted Advocate

• 

193 Messages

• 

10 Points

8年前

Thanks for the help, yep I was a blond earlier, trying to find the remote control in the harmony database instead of the STB Smiley Sad

Get Started

Get Started