U

12 Messages

• 

12 Points

Tue, May 25, 2021 2:02 PM

Pixelation on all subscribed channels

Dear Starhub, 

I have had this issue for a couple of weeks now. This is to do with intermittent pixelated images as I watch program on all subscribed channels. No issues with viewing on Live TV. 

There are sometimes loud , sharp sudden noises together with pixelation that occurs as we watch programs on subscribed channels.

Given that we recontracted to TV+ only a few months ago and having faced a number of issues back then to date, this  honestly is the last straw. 

The following has already been carried out:

Powering on and off and checking all cables are intact. 

The devices within the system is new and your staff have been on visits to ensure address technical issues in the past. 

I look forward to this being rectified at your earliest.

191 Messages

• 

189 Points

5 m ago

What is your wifi router? And are you having issues when browsing websites?

12 Messages

• 

12 Points

My router is the Nokia beacon and I have had no issues browsing websites at all.  I have a second router that the technical division brought online 2 months ago, in view of the fluctuating signal strengths on the beacon and so they brought back online my old Linksys. The beacon is the one connected to the TV and programs run on that. The linksys is for a laptop use for running classes as the beacon had resulted in poor signal during classtime.

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

5 m ago

Hi @user_363769, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing intermittent issues with your StarHub TV+ service. Just to check, what router are you using? Are you on a wired or wireless connection? Also, does the pixelization happen on a specific channel or all channels? 

12 Messages

• 

12 Points

Thanks for getting back.We ‘re on the Nokia Beacon and as mentioned in my earlier post it affects subscribed channels and all of them. It does not affect live tv local channels, only subscribed ones. We have two TVs, and two Nokia beacons, and they are wired connections to the rest of the devices. Both TVs encounter the same problem with subscribed channels.

191 Messages

• 

189 Points

@user_363769 At the home page, go to My Account (top right icon) > STB Information > Service status and see how much packet drop rate you're getting, even though you said that local channels aren't affected by the issue.

(edited)

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Are you using the HDMI cable provided along with your TV+ box? Please try to do a factory reset of your TV+ box. Simply go to Android TV Settings > Device Preferences > About > Factory reset. This will mean settings on the StarHub TV+ Box will be reset to Factory Default Settings. It will also erase all data from your device’s internal storage, including your Google account, System and app data and settings and downloaded apps. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

12 Messages

• 

12 Points

@Xillvion Thank you for both your messages. I have done as you said to check the service status . My packet drop rate is 1.4353701E-4% . Does this mean anything?

12 Messages

• 

12 Points

@Carla_P Hi Carla, Less than a month ago I was asked by your technical team to do a factory reset - a very long process that as you said erases everything stored. Is this going to be the rectification process each time I encounter an issue? I am under the impression that this "newish" system is appearing to be rather unstable. I've had to login multiple times upon switching on my TV over the last 3 months(since I recontracted), I've encountered significant wifi issues with the Beacon with signal strengths dropping and have had a technician come in to resolve this and reconfigure the entire system. At present, I face a pixelation issue. There have been multiple issues since I recontracted to this system. We did not face this in the long period of time on the previous plan. I'm sure you feel sorry about this situation but it absolutely does not justify monthly subscriptions for the volume of issues faced on your new system as I am having to deal them in my own time. What do you suggest I do?

For now I will try as you advised and carry out a second factory reset.

(edited)

Get Started

Get Started