Persistent 'Press-Blue-Button' message on my subscribed channels
Since yesterday, my settop box displays the message onto my subscribed channels, saying the "Press blue button to subscribe" thing. My unsuccessfully attempts to resolve were:
1) Turned off and turned back to leave my box on standby to download whatever upgrade/update
2) Verified that my online Starhub account has no change to my channel subscrptions
3) Verified that the purchase enable option was disabled (few months ago after the unauthorised addition of channel package to my service)
My details are:
1) Fibre TV Set-Top Box GX-SH435EH (Samsung brand on the fibre wire)
2) I can see my subscribed channels. It is just the press-blue message staying on the center of TV regardless of ch-up or ch-down button presses.
3) This month, Starhub is doing the free preview thing on all channels.
4) The settop box is unable to display the details of any channel (like "No Event" on the guide list)
Can you tell me how I may resolve the persistence of the message dialog?
I overlooked one critical symptom. The settop box's internal clock is always set to Thur 1 Jan, 8:00am, every time I turn it on since the two days ago. It is usually indication of a flat clock battery inside the box.