U

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

Sun, Sep 19, 2021 5:19 AM

Numbershare issues

I have been reading about this topic and seems like be it on Apple watch or Samsung watch, the same issue occurs. The issues about the waiting of the SMS about successful subscribe to the number share VAS or the pop up error message about the watch or plan being not compatible with Numbershare. So what has starhub done about this?

For my case, I was able to subscribe to it on my Galaxy Watch 4 LTE, and after a while, I realise that I am not getting the LTE  service when I'm out for a run, further check on the watch and wearable app revealed that the service has been turn off. So the only way to solve this is to remove all plan since I no longer able to toggle the on and off either on the watch side or the wearable app. And there you go, once you try to set it up, the error message will pop up saying that your plan is not compatible with numbershare. I have to call starhub and make sure they do a reset and probably wait for 1 to 2 days before I can reactivate the plan again. And this happen for 4th times now while I write this and I'm still waiting from starhub reset to take effect before I can reactivate it and subscribe again. Looks like I'm not alone, so what is starhub doing? So many engineers and no one has a solution?

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

1 m ago

Hi, I have the same problem with the exact same watch too. Every time after successfully register for number share on the network, it will work for the day. However, if I were to restart the watch at night, it will ask me if I am setting up a new Starhub Plan thereafter. After which, it will be disconnected from the mobile plan and I am no longer able to switch on the mobile network option on the watch. I tried re-connecting the watch to my phone through bluetooth, but the mobile network option seems dead.

This leaves me with no choice other than re-enroll on the numbershare and redo all the steps again. 

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

@user_afd505 this is exactly what happened and I think this is starhub issue because after they reset, you wait a while and you can again activate it. But this time round, since Sat till now, they said they will escalate to do reset at their end and update me but no one called. And when I ask them why no one update, they said they only provide update by wed.....you can imagine, no wonder this company is losing market share. If I have a choice and contract expiring, you can almost guess what will happen. People at gound level simply don't have ownership and people at high level only look at high level stuffs....sad. now my case is still hanging and no one seems to help....

So you can reactivate now?

(edited)

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

@user_1a6e2c I deactivated my numbershare around 9pm on sat because I found my watch to be disconnected from the network, after which a message saying that "Oops, your mobile plan is not compatible with numbershare" stopped me from enrolling again.

On Sunday Morning at around 9am, I got the sms saying that I have successfully deactivated numbershare but the message on compatibility was still stopping me from signing up again. It was only until 5pm where I tried again and I could sign up for numbershare using the same steps again.

And I checked my watch on Sunday night, it disconnected from the network again to which I had to deactivate the service. Lo and behold, the compatibility message is stopping me from signing up again. As of writing now, i am still waiting for this message to go away but if I can hazard a guess, it will still disconnect from the mobile network tonight.

In case anyone is wondering, i tried pairing my watch again and restarted both my watch and phone many times. Once it has disconnected with the network, it will ask you if you want to add a new starhub plan, and thereafter, the watch will deny you from switching the network mode "on", with the error saying it is a different starhub plan from your phone.

I am currently considering signing up a separate esim plan for my watch for the time being with another provider because this is just too frustrating.

(edited)

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

@user_afd505 yes similar problem. So I also have the same thoughts. During the setup, it will ask you if you are going to setup the network same as your phone, you have no choice but to click yes.when I click no,there is nothing happen. So how do we sign up another plan beside from starhub? Maybe we need to check with Samsung? I thought we have a choice to use the esim independently....if anyone has experience,please share. Circle life $5 esim no contract plan comes with 2gb and some talk time, and yet we have to pay 8$ and face this frustration and inconvenience....

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

If you search through the forums, this is not an isolated incident. And the worst part is the fact that once you unsubscribe from the NumberShare through the MyStarhub app, it doesn't allow you to re-enroll immediately. I tried calling and getting help from one of the StarHub branches, none of them had an answer to why this is happening. That is just frustrating, why offer the NumberShare service if it does not work?

I think we can use the eSim independently but you will have 2 numbers, one for the phone and the other for the watch.

(edited)

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

@user_afd505 please let me know if you know how to do it. I can't seem to be able to choose other providers other than the one similar to the phone.

Carla_P

• 

5.4K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

1 m ago

Hi @user_1a6e2c, apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. Unfortunately, I'm unable to help you on your NumberShare issue as this will require further technical assistance from our relevant team. So, kindly contact our Customer Support via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below.  Rest assured, they'll do everything to straighten this out. Thank you. 

Get Started

Get Started