Honored Advisor

• 

66 Messages

• 

1 Point

Tue, Sep 15, 2020 1:52 PM

Issue with StarHub TV+ Box

Hi StarHub,

I have some issue with the StarHub TV+ Box, I just upgraded my Fibre TV Box to the StarHub TV+ Box. When I connect the StarHub TV+ Box to the Nokia Smart Wifi, it seems that there is some technical issue with the StarHub TV+ Box but when I connect it with the Google Wifi, everything works perfectly but unable to watch Free to Air Channel as I need to use the Smart Wifi. Kindly assist with this issue. Tks

Responses

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

9 m ago

Hi @JasonTanJiaHui, Free-To-Air channels are only available via the StarHub TV+ Box if you are an existing StarHub Broadband subscriber (at the same service address) with a compatible router which is the Smart Wifi (Nokia Beacon 1). We are working to expand the list of compatible routers progressively over time.

Do you get an error message when you connect your Nokia Beacon to your StarHub TV+ Box? 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Honored Advisor

• 

66 Messages

• 

1 Point

Yes. When i connect the nokia beacon using ethernet, the starhub tv+ box appear saying " there is no ethernet connection" 

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Please try to power off your ONT, Router and set-top box first and power on the devices in order one at a time 2 minutes apart. Ideally, the StarHub TV+ Box should not be more than 1 room away (1 wall apart) from your current router position. Moreover, for a better streaming experience, it is recommended to use a wired connection using an Ethernet cable.

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

6 Messages

• 

5 Points

@Carla_P Me too. Also facing the same issue. With existing Linksys router everything is fine except unable to watch Free-To-Air channels. Free-To-Air channels are ok with Nokia Beacon router but Nokia Beacon's signal strength is mush weaker than my existing Linksys router. StarHub should look into this issue immediately.

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @smthein, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Currently, Free-To-Air channels are only accessible with a supported router model which is Smart Wifi (Nokia Beacon 1). Don't worry, because we're working to expand the list of compatible routers progressively over time. 

As you have mentioned that you're encountering poor Wi-Fi connection, please follow these steps below.

Step 1: Go to My Account > STB Information > Network status.
Step 2: Check that Signal strength should be Good and Frequency should be 5GHz.
Step 3: Check that RSSI value should be -60dBm or lower.
Step 4: If the connected Frequency is 2.4GHz, please reboot your router and StarHub TV+ Box.

~ Carla

6 Messages

• 

5 Points

Dear Carla!

Have you expand the list of compatible routers for Free-To-Air channels? Currently I am still using the existing Linksys EA8100 router with StarHub TV+ box. Is Linksys EA8100 it compatible for Free-To-Air channels now? If so, do we need any extra new set up to watch Free-To-Air channels?

Please replay me soonest possible? I am waiting for more than 6 months and disappointed the customer service of StarHub already.

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

4 m ago

I am considering to switch to StarHub TV+ box as my existing contract is expiring and I am still using an old TV that does not support DVB-T2. Can StarHub provide the technical requirements for other routers to allow the TV+ box to access the free to air channels? eg NAT bypass or whatever that is needed etc? My ASUS router is still working fine and I do not wish to generate e-waste by changing to a compatible Linksys router.

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @ianl1427, unfortunately, a StarHub Broadband with a StarHub Smart WiFi (Nokia WiFi Beacon 1) or a wired connection to Linksys EA8100/EA7500 router are required to access Free-to-air channels on StarHub TV+ box. 

~ Carla

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

Hi Carla, yes I understand that at the moment only the particular Linksys models are able to support the free to air channels. But can we have the technical reasons for it? Eg which IP address range should be behind Nat and which not, etc? Afterall, it should be no more than some modifications to the routing table in the router for those who are savvy enough to do it.

Thank you. 

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

Seriously do not downgrade to the TV+ box. you will regret big time.

JT1

Esteemed Commentator

• 

18 Messages

• 

12 Points

unfortunately too late for me ... 

JT1

Esteemed Commentator

• 

18 Messages

• 

12 Points

3 m ago

i have the same issue... i'm using a Linksys AE81000

JT1

Esteemed Commentator

• 

18 Messages

• 

12 Points

I checked and my firmware is already up to date. I rebooted the TV box and still no local channels.

However, I tried resetting the router and it worked! THANKS so much! 

1 Message

• 

1 Point

3 m ago

Hi there. ive connected my nokia beacon to a D-link network switch, so my rooms would get a wired connection. everything is fine, however my Free-to-Air is unavailable! why is this so? my starhub box is still, technically connected to the nokia beacon right? please help thanks!

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @aideeal, warmest welcome to GreenR Community! Just to check, what D-Link switch are you using?

~ Carla

Explorer

• 

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

3 m ago

Hi - I just change fibre to Starhub tv+....do I need additional beacon to connect my 2nd tv+ box as the shows keeps hanging. My 2nd box is in the bedroom. I connect box to TV (HDMI) and another to fibre plug on the wall. 

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @Roszita, warmest welcome to GreenR Community! Here's how the set-up for multiple set-top boxes. Moreover, you should connect your StarHub TV+ box to your StarHub Smart WiFi router using the Ethernet cable, or via a wireless connection. 

~ Carla

1 Message

• 

1 Point

2 m ago

Hello Starhub
Ever since I switched over to the android TV boxes, the picture quality has depreciated. There's lag, refresh rate has dropped for moving images .... I have had the boxes replaced, spoken to somebody at starhub and gone through the sop's, but no change in the end result.
I am using TP link deco mesh routers which are powering all other devices including my Apple TV box except the Starhub boxes. The same routers also supported the earlier black set top boxes without any issues at all.
What can be done?

As for the Nokia routes suppled by Starhub, they are not suitable given the size and layout of my home. The Starhub technician who delivered them too agreed, the TP link was much more superior.

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @user_710e75, sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. From what you've said it looks like you're experiencing poor Wi-Fi connection on your StarHub TV+ Box. Please follow the steps below to resolve the issue

• Step 1: Go to My Account > STB Information > Network status.
• Step 2: Check that Signal strength should be Good and Frequency should be 5GHz.
• Step 3: Check that RSSI value should be -60dBm or lower.
• Step 4: If the connected Frequency is 2.4GHz, please reboot your router and StarHub TV+ Box.

For the best Wi-Fi performance, use the 5GHz band on your wireless router if supported. Also, do not place the StarHub TV+ Box in a cabinet as it may impact Wi-Fi signal strength.

If you continue to encounter Wi-Fi network issues, ensure that your Internet connection is working properly or try to reboot your modem/optical network terminal and router. A wired connection using the Ethernet cable is recommended in this case.

~ Carla

Get Started

Get Started