Skip to main content
JasonTanJiaHui

Honored Advisor

• 

65 Messages

Tue, Sep 15, 2020 1:52 PM

Issue with StarHub TV+ Box

Hi StarHub,

I have some issue with the StarHub TV+ Box, I just upgraded my Fibre TV Box to the StarHub TV+ Box. When I connect the StarHub TV+ Box to the Nokia Smart Wifi, it seems that there is some technical issue with the StarHub TV+ Box but when I connect it with the Google Wifi, everything works perfectly but unable to watch Free to Air Channel as I need to use the Smart Wifi. Kindly assist with this issue. Tks

Responses

Carla_P

• 

1.6K Messages

4 days ago

Hi @JasonTanJiaHui, Free-To-Air channels are only available via the StarHub TV+ Box if you are an existing StarHub Broadband subscriber (at the same service address) with a compatible router which is the Smart Wifi (Nokia Beacon 1). We are working to expand the list of compatible routers progressively over time.

Do you get an error message when you connect your Nokia Beacon to your StarHub TV+ Box? 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Honored Advisor

• 

65 Messages

Yes. When i connect the nokia beacon using ethernet, the starhub tv+ box appear saying " there is no ethernet connection" 

Carla_P

• 

1.6K Messages

Please try to power off your ONT, Router and set-top box first and power on the devices in order one at a time 2 minutes apart. Ideally, the StarHub TV+ Box should not be more than 1 room away (1 wall apart) from your current router position. Moreover, for a better streaming experience, it is recommended to use a wired connection using an Ethernet cable.

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

1 Message

@Carla_P Me too. Also facing the same issue. With existing Linksys router everything is fine except unable to watch Free-To-Air channels. Free-To-Air channels are ok with Nokia Beacon router but Nokia Beacon's signal strength is mush weaker than my existing Linksys router. StarHub should look into this issue immediately.

Carla_P

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi @smthein, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Currently, Free-To-Air channels are only accessible with a supported router model which is Smart Wifi (Nokia Beacon 1). Don't worry, because we're working to expand the list of compatible routers progressively over time. 

As you have mentioned that you're encountering poor Wi-Fi connection, please follow these steps below.

Step 1: Go to My Account > STB Information > Network status.
Step 2: Check that Signal strength should be Good and Frequency should be 5GHz.
Step 3: Check that RSSI value should be -60dBm or lower.
Step 4: If the connected Frequency is 2.4GHz, please reboot your router and StarHub TV+ Box.

~ Carla

Get Started

Get Started