U

1 Message

• 

1 Point

Thu, May 13, 2021 12:56 AM

Is Starhub trying to scam its loyal customer?

1. I had performed online purchase on Galaxy Fold 2 last 3May2021 and recontract one of my line. One of the online exclusive was the free galaxy watch 3 and i was very interested.
2. I had set the delivery date to 7May2021, 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
3. During the day of delivery, the delivery guy told message me that he can deliver by 1pm coz he was nearby my area for some delivery also.
4. I agreed but asked him to confirm if there is a watch in the delivery. He then confirmed that there is none and asked me to call customer service.
5. I called customer service 1633. The guy that i had spoken to confirmed that it should come with a watch but in the form of Redemption Card.
6. I message the delivery guy to confirm once more if it comes with a redemption card and told me that there is none.
7. I called back 1633 and another guy attended me. He also confirm that it should come with redemption card. He then instructed me to just collect the phone, personally check if have redemption card, and if don't have, the redemption card will be sent later.
8. In the evening, he called me to confirm the redemption card and told him that really don't have. He told me that he will escalate the issue.
9. On 8May2021 afternoon, i missed a call which i assume from customer service because i also received message that i was not contactable and they will call me again the following day.
10. The next day, 9May2021, this is the best part. Another customer service guy by the name of Marco called me. To cut the story short, he told me that my purchase will not have the watch because it is a "while stock lasts" and already out of stock.
11. It did raise my blood pressure knowing that 2 customer guys confirmed that it should have. I even asked Marco if "integrity" is part of starhub policy in which he said yes.
12. On 10May2021, Marco had called me telling me those sweet words like "the company had made a special arrangement just for you" which is for me is bullshit. In the first place, my purchase is confirmed to have it. That words are just to cover starhub's mistake to make me feel VIP but too but i am not idiot.
13. I make an arrangement to deliver the redemption card by 12May2021 in the evening.
14. 12May2021, the best of the best part happens. The delivery guy came to my house, i sign the form, and he leaves.
15. I read the redemption card and found out that it was expired. It shows Redemption Period : 1March - 9May 2021. Also states No extension of redemption period will be allowed.
16. I had message the delivery guy and told me to call customer service.
17. Before i can make a call, i received a call from customer service. He asked me if i received the redemption card in which i told that it was expired. He asked me to take photo and send to the link provided and he will check.

I am so much frustrated with my experience. Why starhub is advertising a free gift but need to go thru all these just to have it. I feel like this is similar to a scam. See the website now, the free watch still there but told me out of stock? Why send expired redemption card to customer? Does this warrant me to complain to CASE or IMDB. I am very much willing. I may need to get advise also from other people who can advise me. 

Responses

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

4 m ago

Hi @user_c8f2c0, I'm sorry to hear about your predicament. We will need to look into your account details for this, so kindly contact us through Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below. Apologies for the inconvenience since we don't have access to your account details here. Rest assured, my colleagues will do what they can to straighten this out.

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

4 m ago

Hi! 

I am facing the same dilemma as you but I recontracted in march and have yet to hear from them. They say they will “update” me but its been 10 weeks man. They gave me stupid calls to wait for more updates but still nothing. Atleast they gave u some expired card. I am still waiting for an answer, I got nothing and it has been more than 2 months. I recontracted way earlier than you and I still didnt get it. I’ve learnt my lesson and won’t be continuing with Starhub after this. They sure will remind us to pay our bills but wont do their part as advertised! Considering making a case to CASE

Get Started

Get Started