night_cat55

Esteemed Commentator

• 

10 Messages

• 

1 Point

Sat, Sep 12, 2020 12:12 AM

Information on the new Starhub TV+ box

Share/Discuss on what is the new Starhub TV+ box.

Is it a streaming box?

Is it to replace the fibre TV setup box?

Seems like there is not much information online on this.

Difficult to navigate thru the StarHub website.

Not much info on the setup manual, just a very simple one is available.

Please share. Thanks

Responses

Carla_P

• 

2K Messages

• 

316 Points

a month ago

Hi @night_cat55, our new StarHub TV+ is the convergence of our Fibre TV and StarHub Go on a single platform. The Set-Top Box is now optional. You may refer to this to find out more about StarHub TV+ and here's the FAQs

The TV+ new features can be found here

The StarHub TV+ Box FAQ is here

(edited)

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Esteemed Commentator

• 

10 Messages

• 

1 Point

@Carla_P Hi Carla, so in short for this Starhub TV+ box does not have the need to subscribe to Starhub Broadband instead it could just work on any internet connection?

Carla_P

• 

2K Messages

• 

316 Points

Yes, however, Free-to-Air Channels can only be accessed for those with StarHub TV+ Set-Top Box and active subscription to StarHub Fibre Broadband at the same service address
and billing account with a compatible router or those subscribed with the HomeHub+ bundle.

Moreover, Cross Carriage is applicable only with Direct subscription with Singtel for
applicable content, and StarHub TV+ Set-Top Box and active subscription to StarHub Fibre Broadband at the same service address and billing account
with a compatible router or HomeHub+ bundle.

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

Esteemed Commentator

• 

10 Messages

• 

1 Point

Hi Carla, thanks for the explanation. I had made a trip down to the Starhub shop to find out more. Too bad there was no demo available. Hope that your team could help us understand more on the Starhub TV+ set up box and the interface as there might have people who had issues with transiting from existing fibre set up box to TV+ set up box.

Good day ahead.

Carla_P

• 

2K Messages

• 

316 Points

Hi @night_cat55, unfortunately, we currently don’t have any demos for the StarHub TV+, though you can download the app for your mobile device. The UI is the same for all whether watching via TV, laptop or mobile. 

~ Carla

Esteemed Commentator

• 

10 Messages

• 

1 Point

But my concern is that if using starhub TV+ app, some of the VOD channels is unable to access therefore it would be hard to know how does the interface looks and operate as not everyone is IT/tech savvy enough to explore and operate the unit.

stealthx

Trusted Commentator

• 

21 Messages

a month ago

I agreed with that. Information at the website is not clear. There's also no FAQs that explain why the fiber TV services are no longer offered. Disappointing...

Carla_P

• 

2K Messages

• 

316 Points

Hi @stealthx, you may refer to this FAQ to find out more about our new StarHub TV+ Box. 

~ Carla

Senior Commentator

• 

4 Messages

a month ago

The streaming box does it contain the SGX listing and the Lottery checking like the STB have?

Carla_P

• 

2K Messages

• 

316 Points

Hi @John K, we regret to inform you but the new StarHub TV+ Box does not include the Ch 899 Apps where you can access such as lottery and SGX listing. However, it now has Android TV Apps which include some Third-Party Content Apps as well as user’s installed apps
from the Google Play Store. 

~ Carla

viperlwk

Trusted Contributor

• 

27 Messages

• 

4 Points

25 days ago

My advice is to stick to the fibre setup box first if possible. Let Starhub sort out all the issues with their Starhub TV android box first.

Get Started

Get Started