Skip to main content
Buzzed

Honored Contributor

• 

37 Messages

Sat, Jul 28, 2018 12:00 PM

Image quality lacking compared to cable

I just moved onto the fibre tv service from cable. The image quality has taken a drastic dip. Even Netflix looks crappy and I can compare it directly with my Apple TV, a world of difference.

I suspect the bitrate has been seriously hammered down. Heck, it’s obvious. Can anything be done? Cable actually looked so much better. And before you ask, yes I have restarted the box, checked the cables, restart the tv, started a forest fire, sacrificed a chicken, ate the chicken, brewed my own beer... yet the image still looks like the bitrate is seriously gimped. 

Responses

Unilator

Trusted Contributor

• 

22 Messages

2 years ago

Good luck with them @Buzzed. I got fed up and pulled the plug. I am no more subscribed to their TV services. Most likely I'll move out of the Mobile as well at the end of the contract.

Buzzed

Honored Contributor

• 

37 Messages

2 years ago

@Unilator That’s the best thing you can do. I’ll probably be ending my subscription as soon as I’m able to as well, it’s just not worth it anymore. And heck, I’m the type who is willing to pay a premium if I see the value in it. 

And notice how Amy has completely ignored me, the thread starter who is still experiencing this issue and is instead asking Apyock to fall into the useless rabbit hole of reboots and form filling. Typical. Well no PMs this time around so I suppose that’s some sort of improvement? 

This sucks. 

Amy_Law

Alumni (Retired)

• 

3.3K Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for your feedback, Buzzed. 

We refer to our last PM in Aug 2018 and have not received a reply from you since. Do provide us with the programmes you're experiencing the image or "soft audio" issue with so we can check this and provide your feedback to the Channel Partners.

If you need further assistance, simply reply to our last PM so we can assist you from there.

- Amy
Buzzed

Honored Contributor

• 

37 Messages

2 years ago

And to add to anyone following this thread, I will post follow ups on how this is handled. 

Buzzed

Honored Contributor

• 

37 Messages

2 years ago

Dear Amy. I did not reply to the last PM as it was clear the starhub did not understand and was ignoring some of the issues I was and am still facing. I am however happy to try this again to resolve these issue. I will reply to that same PM.

Trusted Commentator

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Just an update. I sent in the form for technical assistance as suggested by the moderator. The technician came and I suggested to change the new settop box to the older version. There was an improvement in the resolution after the change. The only setback is the startup is slower in the old settop box. 

Jere_Lim

Community Manager

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

Hi, please PM us your subscriber name, registered Hub ID / email address and mobile number >> HERE << we’ll arrange for assistance. Thank you.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

Trusted Commentator

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

I dont need anymore assistance unless your new settop can provide better resolution. Otherwise I am content with old settop box.

Trusted Commentator

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

@Jere_Lim wrote:

Hi, please PM us your subscriber name, registered Hub ID / email address and mobile number >> HERE << we’ll arrange for assistance. Thank you.

I dont need anymore assistance unless your new settop can provide better resolution. Otherwise I am content with old settop box.

Buzzed

Honored Contributor

• 

37 Messages

2 years ago

And my update. Asked me to send a PM. I sent a detailed PM and... nothing so far. 

simonN

Community Manager

• 

880 Messages

2 years ago

Sorry for the delay, Buzzed. Let us send another email to our channel partner for updates. -

Jere_Lim

Community Manager

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

Hi apyrock, we would appreciate if you could provide us with your details over >> HERE << we’ll arrange for assistance. Thank you.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

Trusted Commentator

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

@jasonxzx wrote:

@Apyock Hi can I know what is the TV size you use with the STB?

I am using a 55 inch and 46 inch tv sets.

jasonxzx

Honored Contributor

• 

25 Messages

2 years ago

@Apyock Hi can I know what is the TV size you use with the STB?

Jere_Lim

Community Manager

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

Get Started

Get Started