U

9 Messages

• 

9 Points

Mon, Apr 19, 2021 2:57 AM

How to activate Dolby Digital on the Starhub TV+ Box

My setup: Starhub TV+, Philipps TV, Sonos Playbar, Sonos Sub, Sonos Play 1 (for surround)

My Sonos app says the audio is "Stereo PCM". I set up my TV audio for Surround Sound + Audio = multichannel, and my Starhub TV+ setting (online) says "Digital Dolby".

When I run audio / video from my Apple TV, I get "Digital Dolby" and great sound.

I also called customer service. At first the agent said "Dolby Digital" is not available on TV+. After numerous checks, the agent said it is available and it should be automatic. But I still only see "Stereo PCM".

Anyone have any ideas?

Responses

141 Messages

• 

139 Points

2 m ago

Try manually enabling it in the sound settings of the box.

It's under device preferences

(edited)

9 Messages

• 

9 Points

@Xillvion

Here's what I see on the Settings / Device Preferences / Sound

And this is what I see on my Sonos app (note. when I plug Apple TV into the same HDMI port, I see "Dolby Digital 5.1" on the app) ...

141 Messages

• 

139 Points

I noticed dolby digital plus isn't enabled. Does your sonos hardware support it? Unless it automatically switches to it when it detects a app that uses it.

Also, if the tv+ box looks to be faulty, exchanging it can be very risky since they could give you another faulty one where the surround sound doesn't work at all.

(edited)

9 Messages

• 

9 Points

Yeah, I have the older Sonos Playbar, so it only supports Dolby Digital (AC-3) surround. 

I tried to change to the settings but when I do, the streaming services seem to hang.

Might have to just stick with this. The weird part is that the old box works fine and so does an old Apple TV. 

Really disappointed that a new TV+ box would be this limited. Doesn't make sense to degrade the audio output when all the streaming content is Dolby Digital Plus or ATMOS :-(

141 Messages

• 

139 Points

I have just a 2012? Panasonic tv and there weren't any sound issues on the old set top box with dolby digital enabled.

The fact that I exchanged the tv+ box for free, just to lose a feature is just sad. Not gonna pay to exchange again. Im fine with it for now.

9 Messages

• 

9 Points

yup, i like having netflix and disney+ but i am disappointed with the sound.

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

2 m ago

Hi @user_cc428c, also, please ensure your StarHub TV+ Box is updated. Go to Android TV Settings > Device Preferences > About > System update > Check for update. You will be notified to install the new software update when it is made available. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

9 Messages

• 

9 Points

@Carla_P It says "System is up to date"

Get Started

Get Started