First Step
Conversationalist

Esteemed Commentator

• 

13 Messages

• 

8 Points

Sat, Nov 14, 2020 1:33 AM

How to activate "Dolby Digital" on the new StarHub TV+ set-top box?

I have my StarHub TV+ connected to my AVR. However my StarHub TV+ can only transmit 2 signals to my AVR, i.e., left and right channel,  and the not the promised "Dolby Digital 5.1" signals.

Called 1633 more than 5 times to speak to their "technical support" staff. None could help.

I hope this community could provide some insights... 

Bing Go

Responses

Accepted Solution

Bing Go

Esteemed Commentator

• 

13 Messages

• 

8 Points

3 m ago

I must say that credit must be given where it is due.

StarHub has finally activated Dolby Digital for its live channels and Dolby Digital + for those running on Apps, e.g., NetFlix, on its hybrid set-top box, StarHub TV+.

Thank you very much StarHub. You can consider this case closed.

Bing Go

9 Messages

• 

9 Points

I am experiencing the same issue. How did Dolby Digital get activated on your Starhub TV+?

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

How is the connection like? Mine is from TV+ to TV and then to my amplifier.

Bing Go

Esteemed Commentator

• 

13 Messages

• 

8 Points

Hi @user_cc428c & @Bluemamba ,

Please pardon my late response as it took me more than 1 week to resolve my account migration issue.

To get Dolby Digital activated, upgrade your Android OS to the latest version, then via "Settings", select "Sounds" and activate "System Sounds".

Contact StarHub's Customer Service if you still could not do it. If that happens, I suspect that they may be upgrading customers' OS by batches.

Mine connects from TV+ set-top box to AVR to TV.

Hope this helps.

Bing Go

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

Bing Go. Thanks for your response.

a) Android OS on the TV+ Box? BTW, My TV is only a smart TV. Not an Android one. Does one need an Android TV to receive the Dolby?

b) Seems that your TV+ box connects straight to your AVR via a HDMI cable. I am not capable of this. I use optical cable only.

c) FYI, I bypass the TV+ box and went to NEXTFLIX and Disney+ and it worked well. Not sure if I will be charged for this.

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @Bluemamba, please be informed that TV must support Dolby Digital Audio. Also, it must have Dolby Digital 5 speaker set up to enjoy Dolby Digital effects.

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

7 m ago

Hi @Bing Go, warmest welcome to GreenR Community. I'll check this with our relevant team and will get back to you once I get an update. Thanks. 

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Bing Go

Esteemed Commentator

• 

13 Messages

• 

8 Points

FYI, the specifications of the set-top box claims that "Dolby Digital Plus" is present

Bing Go
Bing Go

Esteemed Commentator

• 

13 Messages

• 

8 Points

7 m ago

I received a call from StarHub's Customer Service late yesterday, saying that they cannot do anything at this moment. No deadline given on when they will be transmitting "Dolby Digital" signal.

This is an advice to all interested parties who wish to jump onto StarHub TV+ bandwagon, especially those who have "Dolby Digital" home theatre systems... stick to your current Samsung set-top box and do not switch to Innopia set-top box.

The new Innopia set-top box only transmits 2-channels signal and not 5.1-channels at the moment...  

I have just bought a lemon.

(edited)

Bing Go
Bing Go

Esteemed Commentator

• 

13 Messages

• 

8 Points

definition of "lemon" product.

Bing Go

New Commentator

• 

3 Messages

• 

2 Points

6 m ago

Is there any updates on this ? Can we listen to Dolby digital plus on the starhubtv + set top box

Bing Go

Esteemed Commentator

• 

13 Messages

• 

8 Points

Sadly, there is no update......

Bing Go

New Commentator

• 

3 Messages

• 

2 Points

That's sad - 4K box with two- channel audio 

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

5 m ago

Don't waste time calling them, they also don't know how to answer you. 

The claim on the box is completely a lie. There will be on dolby audio output no matter what we do.

9 Messages

• 

9 Points

2 m ago

@Bing Go I see that you were able to get Dolby Digital on your Starhub TV+ box. Just wondering how you got it?

I also called customer service. At first the agent said "Dolby Digital" is not available on TV+ and after numerous checks, the agent said it is available and it should be automatic. But I still don't get it. How did you get it?

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

1 m ago

They have updated the box, and now able to receive dobly digital+ sound. Have to connect it thru amplifier to receive the sound output.  Not all source have this sound. Will be good if starhub can update to this. 

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @Kabbir, thanks for sharing your feedback. We'll pass this to the relevant team so they could look into it. 

~ Carla

Get Started

Get Started