CHUACH's profile

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Apr 10, 2013 6:00 PM

HD Setup Box unuseable

I am having HD Set top box SCV-3800C for past few years.

Yesterday when I realised the set top box keep flashing the LED status light.

Done a power off and reinsert the card,

Now it always go into this loop (seen in the indicator panel of the box):

dl

LOAd

3-Ad

2-06

1-00

LED lights will flash

reboot to "dl" again for few cycle and the box will auto off.  Even pressing power button will not on it, must switch on and off the main power supply, then the above loop again and again.

No TV signal shown in TV.

Is there any firmware update via the cable network recently?  Or there is faulty on my box?

Or is my HD set-top box obsoleted now?  (I was allowed to buy the HD set-top box from Starhub when they pushing for HDTV few years ago)

Anyone have the same problem?   Can Starhub care to explain to me?  

Thanks.

KaiBoon

StarHub Prepaid

• 

9K Messages

• 

5 Points

9 y ago

Would you like to upgrade to our new HD Interactive Set-top Box?

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

9 y ago

I guess I would have to change to the interactive box as there is no more repair or diagnosis services for the SCV-3800C model.

My sense is that the hardware box is working, but somehow there may be update pushed that corrupted the firmware or not compatible for the box.  Unfortunately there is no way for me to reflash back the old firmware.

However, if Starhub is terminating this model (hopefully is not by pushing down incompatible update), I would appreciate if they send a note to inform their users that are still using this box in advance so that we can change to the new box on time and not missing few days of programmes within any reception.

KaiBoon

StarHub Prepaid

• 

9K Messages

• 

5 Points

9 y ago

The HD Set-top Box is still supported on our network. The issue that you have faced might to due to wear and tear or faulty component.

Get Started

Get Started