Skip to main content
Kaze's profile

New Commentator

• 

4 Messages

• 

3 Points

Thu, Jan 14, 2021 9:00 AM

HD Interactive Set Top Box switches off Power every night.

Hi, 

When this problem first appear. the set was turned on, but I can't access any channels except Singapore's channel(Channel8, U, 5 etc). No error code, but was asked to subscribe to the channels. After exhausting all other options, I rebooted the set by turning the power off and on again.

Afterwhich, the set has been switching off the power light every night for a week now. 

The network light is always on with amber yellow light. But the Power light is turn off.

Had been using this for years, before this, the power is usually on Red "Standby mode" when I switch it off using the remote. 

Rebooting the set manually by turning it off and on usually works. But the same thing happens the next day. It is annoying to have to reboot it every single day.

Any advise on whether my set is faulty?

Set model: HD Interactive Set-Top Box (Samsung GX-SH530CF)

Responses

Carla_P

• 

3.5K Messages

• 

1.5K Points

a month ago

Hi @Kaze, sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Just to check, is your set-top box updated to the latest firmware upgrade? 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

New Commentator

• 

4 Messages

• 

3 Points

Yes, I checked the STB info,

It's the latest firmware:

Firmware version: OTV514_SHBNFX_HDI_BLD9.67l_190411_0

UI version: 2.3.57r5

Just to add on, I can turn it off to "red standby mode" in between through the day. But if leave it for many hours, for example, the next day. It will turn off completely with only the network amber light remaining. Once that happens, neither the remote or physical button on set can power it on. Only way is to reboot manually by turning off main power.

(edited)

Carla_P

• 

3.5K Messages

• 

1.5K Points

In this case, we need to refer you to our Customer Support via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below as this will require further technical assistance. Thank you. 

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

New Commentator

• 

4 Messages

• 

3 Points

Update:
The TV set box now constantly switches off halfway while watching. Same issue, with only amber yellow light on, no power. Tried rebooting like before, it will boot up and works for 5 mins before switching off again. It looks like the unit is faulty. What should I do? Should I get it replaced?

(edited)

Carla_P

• 

3.5K Messages

• 

1.5K Points

We have to determine first if the set-top box is indeed faulty. I highly suggest that your reach out to our Customer Support first as they will give you the proper assistance regarding your concern. Thank you.

~ Carla

Get Started

Get Started