U

1 Message

• 

1 Point

Fri, May 14, 2021 9:42 AM

Free Gifts baits

On the 3 may 2021 when i can re-contract my phone line i came across the promotion for Samsung Z fold 2 ( with a free gift of a Samsung watch 3). so after re-contracting my plan online the delivery was set on 8 may 2021, when the day reach i was confuse that why there is only the phone, so i asked the delivery guy and he say that i have to called to starhub and clarified about it.

so after afew phone calls and waited from 8 may 2021 till date which is 14 may 2021 and the outcome of from the support side is simply " we are sorry but the promotion is a first come first serve basis.". To be honest i was quite mad when i feel so cheated by starhub that they didn't even have any indication that the free gift watch is no long available for online purchasing. By online  could have known how many set you have sold and how many redemption have left. I'm surprise that the online stall is able to tell which phone is model/menory size/colour is unavailable or out of stock but are unable to tell that the free gift is finished.

So as i was so mad thinking that its really out of stock i came across a customer that face the same problem(different to my story) as me but eventually he got an expired gift card. in the end i dont know if he get the watch or not, and if he really gets the watch then what about mine? i didn't even get an expired gift card.

Case by another Starhub user : https://community.starhub.com/conversations/resources/is-starhub-trying-to-scam-its-loyal-customer/609c7935dee1b21ff912645d

so making me think that is this how starhub works cheating customer to buy something and in the end just telling them that is first come first serve basis and blame it to the consumer that is your fault you re-contracted too late.

PS: TILL DATE STARHUB WEBSITE STILL PUT THE PROMO ON THEIR ONLINE STALL (14/5/2021) no plan on changing it. Is it using AS A CLICK BAIT ?

Responses

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

4 m ago

Hi @user_218b6d, I'm very sorry to hear about this. We will need to look into your account details to further assist you with your concern, so kindly contact us through Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below. Apologies for the inconvenience since we don't have access to your account details here. 

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

4 m ago

Hi! 

I am facing the same dilemma as you but I recontracted in march and have yet to hear from them. They say they will “update” me but its been 10 weeks man. They gave me stupid calls to wait for more updates but still nothing. Atleast yours was an answer. I am still waiting for an answer. It will probably the same as yours but I recontracted way earlier than you and I still didnt get it. I’ve learnt my lesson and won’t be continuing with Starhub after this. They sure will remind us to pay our bills but wont do their part as advertised! Goodluck! I have given up with Starhub

Get Started

Get Started