Wurlitzer's profile

Trusted Advocate

• 

193 Messages

• 

10 Points

Fri, Apr 11, 2014 7:00 PM

Entering the 21st Century

Can Starhub advise when they plan to offer 1080p resolution. Like Singtel only 1080i is offered, unlike the M1 Box which supports 1080p.  I'm finding I get a better picture using 720p rather than 1080i, makes sense really, a full 720 line progessive scan image will be better than one interlaced to 1080 lines.

When you consider that 1080p streaming is available over the internet, i.e. content from Netflix it seems almost archaic that an advanced country like Singapore doesn't offer 1080p from either of its main cable TV providers.

I would guess that Starhub's system of using cable TV won't support the higher stream rates but perhaps Singtel will get there over their two copper wires more quickly?

cyberSH

Respected Contributor

• 

17 Messages

8年前

Man Happy Singtel set top box actually offers 1080P.

Wurlitzer

Trusted Advocate

• 

193 Messages

• 

10 Points

8年前

That's interesting, they have moved forward Smiley Happy I wonder if Starhub will try and compete.  TBH 720p is good enough to be classed as HD but nearly every TV you buy now is 1080p at least, now the 4Ks are coming out but Starhub doesn't support these higher resolutions.

Back to my original question, do Starhub plan to upgrade their service to match the others?

Get Started

Get Started