Honored Contributor

• 

49 Messages

• 

9 Points

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 12:07 PM

EA8100 router do not send out gateway address to TV+ setup Box

had a very odd problem ,

when i connect my PC/Laptop to the wired or wireless connection of my EA8100, i will get the ip address from the EA8100 without any problemn,

BUT when connect a device, ( another router, another switch, and in this case, the starhub TV+ setup box)..

the DEVICE will NOT get the default gateway address.

any clue on this problem ?

am i the only one who got this problem ?

i am running on firmware ver 1.0.3.204298, which is listed as the current latest firmware on the linksys support page.

Carla_P

• 

6.1K Messages

• 

3.8K Points

3分前

Hi @, I'm sorry to hear about this. Just to check, what IP switch are you using? 

ksgoh

Honored Contributor

• 

49 Messages

• 

9 Points

@Carla_P 

There is no switch, what I did is connect the pc to the back of the ea8100 ,

This is the problem, when I connect the tvbox+ to port 1 or wifi to ea8100, it will not received any gateway ip address.. 

And I'm not sure if this is the reason why I do not get to view the free to air channel, other tv channels work .. only the free to air channel doesn't work.

Any clue is this it the router problem?  Or the tvbox problem? 

I try to configure static ip on the tvbox. But surprisingly it still show 0.0.0.0 as its gateway.

Carla_P

• 

6.1K Messages

• 

3.8K Points

Is your connection set-up like this? 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started