L

40 Messages

• 

33 Points

Wed, Jun 16, 2021 4:37 PM

Customer service advice leads to incurring more cost than required.

Spoke to Starhub (1630) for 10mins and 36 seconds on 22nd May. Told the customer service that I would like to sign up for a new plan at a new location and thereafter schedule for termination of my existing plan. 

I was advised to not do that because that might cause some issues, rather I am advised to recontract my existing plan, and to make a relocation request. 

After recontracting and installation, I realised I could not watch local channels. I was then told that I am supposed to purchase a new Smart Wifi Unit ($120) because I recontracted my existing plan and if I choose to terminate my service, I would be charged $1395.05 

TLDR: Do not trust Starhub Customer Service.

Responses

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

3 m ago

Hi @limkayyong, I'm sorry if you feel that way. But yes, you need a StarHub Smart WiFi router (Nokia Beacon 1) or a Linksys router model, EA7500v2 or EA8100 to access free-to-air channels. Another option is to download the MeWatch app on your phone and then cast it to your TV+ box. 

(edited)

40 Messages

• 

33 Points

3 m ago

Hi Carla

By apologising, are you agreeing that the customer service had deliberately led me to the decision whereby I would have to occur more cost than what I had planned, without any additional value in terms of the service I will be receiving from starhub?

Get Started

Get Started