oh's profile

Esteemed Commentator

• 

6 Messages

Thu, Dec 5, 2013 10:00 PM

Complaints-totally disappointed with Starhub-Return of HUB station BOX only

I Just did a Starhub cable TV recontract at Marina link Branch. I reached there at 3 pm and queue at counter to ask questions and clarify some doubts. I was later given a queue #2012 (current queue is #2007. Although it is only 5 persons in front, I waited till 6.45pm before it is my turn. I finished all my paper work by 8.30pm. I have no regrets with the queue as I know maybe this is 1 time only and I willingly waited for it, no complaints on this. I got a new HD hub station, but was told to return my old HD hub station within 24hours, or I will be charged for the additional rental . Time allowance was very tight, as I am staying in the hotel that day and have to rush home to try the new station and take out the old ones. I was told I can return back to Starhub at NEX instead.

The anger starts to build up as I return my Hub station to NEX Starhub. I reached at 2.50 pm Firstly, I need to queue for the counter to tell them I want to return the station, which takes me 30 mins, before a lady approached me, asking who wants to return any Hub station box. I was given a queue number #C7019 with a time 3.17pm and 10 persons in front of this queue #. I thought it is just returning only, and should not take long, so continue waiting. AT 3.56pm, there are 8 persons in front of me. I still endure, but I don't understand , I just want to return the hub station which I was told to return back only, why need queue so long. At 5.44pm, there are still 8 persons in front of me,, OBVIOUSLY, the queue is not moving at all. I requeue again for the counter to ask questions. Managed to find the lady while queueing, her name is Diana and I ask her if can take copy of my IC, or I sign acknowledgement for, authorization form, anything, if only I can return the hub station box, as I do not want to pay extra for the 24 hours limit starhub had given me, and if somebody can return on my behalf at another branch instead of queue 3 hours and still not my turn yet and I told her, I have no questions, Just return the hub station only. I also ask her how come my queue # is not listed and not moving (all starts with 1000 or 2000 series, but mine starts with 7000 series and not on the board) She told me give her 5-10 mins, and she will check. But she went to attend to other customers, and still look at me, and never response to my questions (totally ignored or short term memory forgotten who i am ).

I continue requeue for the counter, anger slowly building up, and have to repeat my questions why I cannot just return the hub station and need wait 3-5hours. The counter told me this is their process and procedures. I need to be around in person, and I need to queue up Just to return a hub station box. Everybody also do the same. So, I request them take my IC photocopy, then they can update their system when they free, not ask me sit for 5hours to return a box with no questions. He said no choice, everybody queue, i need to queue. I request speak to the manager. Manager of Nex branch - Jason Tong came out. I repeated my story,, body heated up already with anger and impatience. i told him, i already spent 5 hours at Marina link branch yesterday, and now, i need queue up again 3-5 hours to return an old box. I took a queue#, but the queue never moves, and i don't even know when is my turn, because it is not reflected to public on queue panel shown. I had to sms many times to check how many people, that is how i got my history that the queue i am in, which is "RETURN HUB STATION BOX" queue never moves. He told me Marina link is Marina Link. This is NEX Branch, so i have to continue queueing. Yesterday I queue at Marina link is a different branch. Now I return at NEX, it is different. When I ask why the rest of queue number is moving, he told me they come earlier than me..THEN , why I have a different series of queue number Starting C7019? And others is 1000 series, which is moving? And if series 7000 is a different queue, why returning takes so LONG? 3 hours, people return box only, but queue not moving at all? Does it take 3 hours for processing a person who returns a HUB box?  Why is Starhub commitment NOT LINKED in terms of service and is being differentiated by BRANCH? Why Library also have drop book place, SINGTEL also have a place to return their hub station (my friend can drop the old hub station at Singapore Post Centre, where the queue of course is faster and not 3 hours minimum waiting time), WHY STARHUB is so RIGID in their process? WHY cannot they take our acknowledgement, or copy of IC and process later, if their RULE states we need return to their Branch? Where is the Flexibility and EFFICIENCY of STARHUB?

Of course, not to say, when I return to install the new hub station, I called back 2 times, because it was not setup properly . They did a "Refresh" in order for me to view Starhub programs (all blank except can watch our usual channel 5,8 U) and I called in 2nd time because my catch-up TV and on demand TV which I paid for, is all missing. Seems they forgot to reflect I am using a HD.

sfans

Esteemed Consultant

• 

178 Messages

8年前

hi bro, truly understand your feelings, i bet you have actually gone to one of the most congested shopping mall, nex is the at the hub of hougang and also maybe for people staying punggol also goes there. definately a bad timing to go on a weekend. not to mentioned, other famous shopping mall like tampines during weekend, waiting time is around 1 to 2 hrs depending on how many counters at that time.
totally agree to you that sh should copy some of st good points, setting up a return counter would definately serve the sh users well, they only go down for one purpose, either to return box or perhaps this one counter can also serve sh users like changing faulty box/remotes, all up to sh to organise. it will clear the q faster and more productive too. i know sh has sms service but this sometimes is an alert, if it alert you that now only 3 more before your turn, you may end up waiting 1 hrs or more if the 3 in front of you takes half hr or more to complete. sh, i would definately support if some thing could be done to speed the q.

KaiBoon

StarHub Prepaid

• 

9K Messages

• 

5 Points

8年前

I am sorry to hear about this incident. Let me verify with my colleagues from NEX on the situation first.
gintatsu

Honored Commentator

• 

9 Messages

8年前

When I returned my old set-up box, I had to wait for hours at the IMM branch too. I really don't understand why it is not possible for the technician to pick up my old set-up box, when they come to set up my new one? From the point of view of your management, it might be acceptable for customers to wait because there are crowds during weekends and weeknights, but try to see things from the point of view of the customer. How are we to avoid peak hours when we have to work during non-peak hours? Are we suppose to take leave to simply make our own experience more pleasant? When has customer service become the responsibility of the customer instead of the supplier?

I've been a HubClub member for years, and this small incident did upset me enough to make mental note to re-evaluate and re-consider Singtel when my present contracts expires.

Esteemed Commentator

• 

6 Messages

8年前

Just return a Hub station, what is the problem? if they need time, just acknowledged a "Return". They can make copies of our IC...I am really sorry,, i don't understand their logic at all? See,, singtel can return at Singapore post centre,, dont' even need to be a singtel branch. Why starhub is the first to have cable, their process is so regid? i used the sms alert,, for 2 hours,, the queue never changed, i screenshot all this as evidence..

Esteemed Commentator

• 

6 Messages

8年前

Unfortunately, nobody help me at all. A lady very friendly said gave her 15 mins to check, and walk off to serve another customer. The counter boy said this is the process which needs to be followed. The manager said everyone is waiting, so must you. ...But where is my queue? returning a box needs minimum more than 3 hours when i am on #10 from a different queue number? i already spent 5 hours previous day to do the admin work with starhub,, what's the problem in returning ONLY?

gintatsu

Honored Commentator

• 

9 Messages

8年前

It's because I moved to a new place. It's the first installation, so they delivered the set-up box to me.

I cancelled the SCV plan at the old place and signed up for a new package at the new place. (which also includes the Fibre-optic)

Esteemed Commentator

• 

6 Messages

8年前

Hi gintatsu, I believe i am not the only user,, just because everyone keeps quiet does not mean it is not a problem .  I shared my experience with my friends and colleagues on starhub experience, and everyone encouraged me to post to make this aware to public. they are the ones who shared with me their experience with Singtel and how easy for them to return the old hub station..

Esteemed Commentator

• 

6 Messages

8年前

how come you have  a technician to go your place to set up new ones? I don't even have one. i need to pick up the new box, given 24 hours to go home and setup myself, and return my old box all within 24 hours, and  i was told i will be charged extra for additional day of rental..so inconsistent service? you are still better than me..the queue is included in the 24 hours lead time given to me...

Esteemed Commentator

• 

6 Messages

8年前

I see..First time benefits only. Then when they installed, what is the reason for not taking back the old hub box? So inconvenient for users, so old people who is not convenient to go out  to return will have to keep paying the rental...1 service does not do all...

sfans

Esteemed Consultant

• 

178 Messages

8年前

mmm....Any comments SH?

Honored Commentator

• 

9 Messages

8年前

OMG!, i'll bring my setup box later for replacement. What is the waiting time at NEX?

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

8年前

Bro,

I have even worse issues than you. 2 years ago, we arranged to upgrade our set top to HUBSTATION and was told it's additional $14.

The engineer came, installed and when we asked what to do about the existing set top, his answer was "not my business".

Recently, my contract expired and I wanted to cancel my StarhubTV and found that the expired set top was being charged to me for 2 years! And I cannot terminate my contract till I send back the old set top box.

Ya - I share the blame for not understanding my bills in details but can't Starhub get their act correct? Why doesn't their engineer know what to do and why their customer service never check that the box was not returned? 

sglnx

Honored Advisor

• 

135 Messages

8年前

@Sebastian_Goh wrote:

Bro,

I have even worse issues than you. 2 years ago, we arranged to upgrade our set top to HUBSTATION and was told it's additional $14.

The engineer came, installed and when we asked what to do about the existing set top, his answer was "not my business".

Recently, my contract expired and I wanted to cancel my StarhubTV and found that the expired set top was being charged to me for 2 years! And I cannot terminate my contract till I send back the old set top box.

Ya - I share the blame for not understanding my bills in details but can't Starhub get their act correct? Why doesn't their engineer know what to do and why their customer service never check that the box was not returned? 

this is a classic example of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. i think these installers are sub-contractor, not sh's staff.

rsn

Home Networking Expert

• 

1K Messages

8年前

@sglnx wrote:

@Sebastian_Goh wrote:

Bro,

this is a classic example of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. i think these installers are sub-contractor, not sh's staff.

Agree with sglnx. Those coming down is not even Starhub engineer. Just contractors getting paid based on the job assigned.

Get Started

Get Started