Skip to main content
S

4 Messages

• 

4 Points

Fri, Jan 15, 2021 4:59 AM

Can I use my ASUS RT-AX58U instead of Nokia WiFi Beacon 1?

HI 

I'm thinking to subscribe broadband and TV, currently using Sintel for both.

And instead of Singtel router, I'm using ASUS RT-AX58U now.

Just now I chat with Sale represent on Starhub web about this, and he/she told unable to use my own router.

Is this true? 

Customer Service Officer SALES
has joined the chat.

ME12:39:40
I have own wifi router, can I use this instead of freebie?

ME12:39:52
to use broadband and TV

SALES12:40:12
I have own wifi router, can I use this instead of freebie? - router will be using starhub router

ME12:40:37
so can't?

SALES12:40:56
unable to

ME12:41:40
any difference in between Singtel and SH? cos currently I'm using that router for Singtel TV and Broadband

SALES12:42:15
Would have difference

Responses

Carla_P

• 

3.5K Messages

• 

1.4K Points

a month ago

Hi @sjkdroid, warmest welcome to GreenR Community. Thanks for your interest in signing-up with StarHub's broadband and TV service. Please be informed that you will only enjoy free-to-air channels when you have a StarHub Broadband and a StarHub Smart WiFi router or StarHub Broadband with a Linksys router model, EA7500v2 or EA8100.

Find out more information about our StarHub TV+ here and our fibre broadband plans here. Moreover, you may also consider to sign-up our HomeHub+ plans to enjoy unlimited entertainment on StarHub TV+ and Netflix, plus superfast broadband, all in one bundle.

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

4 Messages

• 

4 Points

Thanks for quick response! One more thing, looks there are 2 options except Nokia. EA7500 or EA8100. can I choose?

Thanks

Carla_P

• 

3.5K Messages

• 

1.4K Points

The StarHub Smart WiFi router we are referring to is the Nokia Beacon 1. Please refer here for more information. 

(edited)

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Carla_P

• 

3.5K Messages

• 

1.4K Points

Yes, you may choose any of the above mentioned compatible routers to access free-to-air channels using your StarHub TV+ Box.  However, do note that we are only offering Nokia Beacon 1 under our broadband plans. 

(edited)

~ Carla

Get Started

Get Started