Gregory's profile

Honored Contributor

• 

26 Messages

Mon, Oct 7, 2013 5:00 AM

Cable TV Service Down AGAIN!!!

This is getting ridiculous as it's third time in three weeks.  All the channels down since 8:00 pm on the 7th October.  Anyone else in Jurong with no cable tonight?

Very tempted at this point to cancel my subscription.

KaiBoon

StarHub Prepaid

• 

9K Messages

• 

5 Points

8 y ago

Hi Gregory

Are you still facing any issue now?
Aprizal

Valued Advocate

• 

144 Messages

8 y ago

My Cable TV service is down again !!!

Last week once and today again ...

Is this a major disruption or only isolated case ?

Can't get through the 1633 ....Smiley Surprised

Area : Marsiling Rise  ... Please help to check ....

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

8 y ago

Could we get a quicker answer this time as to where and why the services are disrupted? And when will it be up?
And my internet is down too as I'm a Hubber...

Affected in Bukit Panjang
KaiBoon

StarHub Prepaid

• 

9K Messages

• 

5 Points

8 y ago

Hold it there. I am checking.

KaiBoon

StarHub Prepaid

• 

9K Messages

• 

5 Points

8 y ago

Hi thomman

You are affected by the mentioned issue. We are monitoring the situation closely and working to restore services as soon as we can.
KaiBoon

StarHub Prepaid

• 

9K Messages

• 

5 Points

8 y ago

We have been informed that there was a fire at SingTel’s Bukit Panjang exchange. As we lease some SingTel optical fibre capacity that runs through this exchange, this has affected some of StarHub’s cable TV, cable and fibre broadband and digital voice services. We are monitoring the situation closely and working to restore services as soon as we can. We will provide more updates as and when we have the information. Thank you.

thomman

Respected Contributor

• 

17 Messages

8 y ago

at my place in woodlands, cable tv, internet and landline not working.. what is happening. Kindly help to fix asap

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

8 y ago

Thank you for that update. It was very much appreciated.

Hope that it would be restored by tonight.

Aprizal

Valued Advocate

• 

144 Messages

8 y ago

starhub  lease the line from Singtel.

I think tonight going to be a very quiet night in my neighbourhood and at home.  Smiley Embarassed

Hope we doin't wait too long.

thomman

Respected Contributor

• 

17 Messages

8 y ago

Thanks for the update KaiBoon. Hope it will be restored soon... You can imagine how difficult it will be without none of these services...

Really alarming that the fire in Singtel can distrub Starhub services also...

Hope there are no human casualities involved...

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

8 y ago

We're on the same situation. This is the first time that this has happened to us. Can't access cable tv as well as wifi.. What happened?? Until when is the StarHub server down? Please take action on this.

Howard Toh

Administrator

• 

1.3K Messages

• 

19 Points

8 y ago

Hi all

You can refer to this news article
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/dbs-starhub-affected-singtel-internet-exchange-fibre-20131009

To clarify, this is not a "server problem" on our end. Please refer to the news article.
KaiBoon

StarHub Prepaid

• 

9K Messages

• 

5 Points

8 y ago

Our cable TV and broadband services, as well as digital voice services have been restored for all of our customers in Woodlands. We will continue to keep you updated as soon as we have more information.
KaiBoon

StarHub Prepaid

• 

9K Messages

• 

5 Points

8 y ago

We have just been informed by SingTel that some of the affected fibre links at its Bt Panjang exchange have been restored. Therefore, as of 10.22pm we were able to restore cable TV and broadband services, as well as digital voice services for some of our customers in Choa Chu Kang and Woodlands. We will continue to keep you updated as soon as we have more information.
KaiBoon

StarHub Prepaid

• 

9K Messages

• 

5 Points

8 y ago

Update: Our cable TV and broadband services, as well as digital voice services have been restored for some customers in Choa Chu Kang.

Get Started

Get Started