Aalok's profile

Respected Commentator

• 

4 Messages

Sat, Mar 30, 2013 8:00 AM

Back up content from hubstation hd

Hi. Is there a way to back up recordings from the hubstation HD? My stb is randomly rebooting and I think I need I replace it.

I am thinking of getting the interactive hd box with the WD HDD but not sure if that will allow me to copy over the shows already recorded on the hubstation stb.
Laselle

Hub Master

• 

317 Messages

9 y ago

Hi Aalok,

Sometimes there might be a need to just do a factory reset for the box and it would work fine.
By doing a factory reset, it would mean all recording schedules would be erased and you would need to re-programme your shows again.
All recorded shows would still be intact and would not be erased off.
Laselle

Hub Master

• 

317 Messages

9 y ago

Hi Aalok,

As discussed previously from http://community.starhub.com/t5/Cable-TV-Equipment/How-to-export-programmes-saved-on-Hubstation-Box-in-case-of/td-p/4088, I am afraid you would not be able to back up the recorded shows in the Hubstation HD.

Similarly, if you were to get the HD Interactive box, if you record shows on 1 HD Interactive box with the WD HDD, you would not be able to plug in to a 2nd HD Interactive box to view. Instead, the HDD would be reformatted. Do be cautious if you intend to have 2 HD Interactive boxes and 1 WD HDD.

Hope this helps.

Respected Commentator

• 

4 Messages

9 y ago

Thanks for the reply. However what about my situation where for no fault of mine, the stb is rebooting and needs to be replaced. The content on it is what I have paid lots of $$$ to starhub for accessing and a monthly fee for the stb. All starhub compensate me for loss of all this content?
Colin

Trusted Commentator

• 

7 Messages

8 y ago

You can however connect from your hubstation / hd hubstation to a 3rd party DVDR and HDR.

Do a live playback from the hubstation/hd hubstation and do a "live" recording on your 3rd party device.

This is the only way.

The last method will be using a PC but however it will violate certain regulation so no one can recommend anything from here thus you have to be very tech savvy and DIY.

Get Started

Get Started