Skip to main content

Fresh Spark

• 

12 Messages

• 

6 Points

Sat, Sep 12, 2020 1:55 PM

Apple Watch Series 5 Unable to Activate NumberShare VAS

Hi, I am not able to activate my cellular on my watch series 5 cellular. I complete the steps for mobile data in my Apple Watch app and do eventually get a tick saying to expect an sms but I never get an Sms.

I managed to find a YouTube video (I.e. https://youtu.be/qi6L05TX9HQ)showing a successful activation for Numbershare with StarHub and realised that there is a pop up towards the end starting that Carrier settings have been applied. (See Video). I don’t get that pop up. Anyone faced a similar issue?

I have spoken to both Apple and StarHub. Unpaired my Apple Watch at least 15 times and even changed my mobile SIM card but nothing seems to work. 

Responses

Carla_P

• 

2K Messages

• 

316 Points

a month ago

Hi @Ranjeev, sorry to hear about this. Have you tried to reboot both your devices to see if the issue persists? Moreover, just want to ask, what's your mobile plan?

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Carla_P

• 

2K Messages

• 

316 Points

With that being said, it'll be better to reach out to my colleagues via Facebook by clicking the link below as this will require us to check your account details to further assist you with your concern. Apologies for the inconvenience since I am unable to access account details here for security reasons. 

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

a month ago

Hi Ranjeev, have your issue been resolved.I'm also having same issue. I called the hotline, went down to the customer care in Plaza sing. Nobody seems to be able to solve this issue. I 

Fresh Spark

• 

12 Messages

• 

6 Points

@pris_syan Hi there, yes problem was finally resolved after 1 week with numerous calls to Starhub. Finally it was an issue at Starhub and nothing to do with our setup process. 

FYI: Once you finish the Numbershare activation via Apple Watch, if it’s successful, you will see your telco showing up in Mobile data right after you have confirmed your NRIC. See a snapshot of how it will look in Apple Watch app under “Mobile data”. If you don’t see that, then do check back with StarHub again. You can ask them to refer to my case and the resolution done on mine. 

SamSY

Trusted Commentator

• 

10 Messages

• 

2 Points

a month ago

Hi @Ranjeev, what did Starhub do for your case. I’m having the same issue on my new watch 6 and it is almost a week and Starhub Support has not resolved mine. I have to follow up daily with Starhub but same answer that their Tech team is looking into it. 

Fresh Spark

• 

12 Messages

• 

6 Points

@SamSY They had to reset the Numbershare at their end. When they did that, something changed while i tried to register via the Apple Watch up.  This time, it seemed like it was going to work but no sms still and it didn’t connect.  Finally I asked to speak with the tech support and after some escalations; the tech support called me to try again.  After 1-2 days; it worked.  I really do not know what they did.

Carla_P

• 

2K Messages

• 

316 Points

Hi @SamSY, sorry to hear that you're having issues activating NumberShare. Just to check, what error message do you receive when you do the activation?

~ Carla

SamSY

Trusted Commentator

• 

10 Messages

• 

2 Points

And so it seems like changing the SIM card works for me.

Starhub Jurong Point CS can't help, so I requested for a new SIM card to try.

To all affected users, this is what I did, hope it works for you.

1. Reset my iPhone network settings

2. Replace new sim card on iPhone

3. Unpair Apple Watch with iPhone

4. Start new Pairing of AW with iPhone.

5. Add mobile data, if successful, (see image 1)

6. Wait for Starhub sms to confirm activation (see image 2), this arrived 7 minutes later.

All the best!

Carla_P

• 

2K Messages

• 

316 Points

Thanks for sharing how you were able to solve this issue @SamSY

~ Carla

Fresh Spark

• 

12 Messages

• 

6 Points

a month ago

@pris_syan @SamSY After you are connected; you will see the mobile icon on your Apple Watch turn white.  It will turn green when you are not connected on wifi and your iPhone.  Your My StarHub app will also show that you have “NumberShare VAS” as your add-on.  If you already see “Numbershare VAS” in your add-on (from a prior connection); then you will need to remove it from your My StarHub app and then try registering the mobile data on your Apple Watch app after around half hour.

Fresh Spark

• 

12 Messages

• 

6 Points

For this case, the message while trying to register your Apple Watch would look like the attached pic.

Get Started

Get Started