Skip to main content

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

Fri, Mar 27, 2020 8:00 AM

Apple Watch Series 5 Unable to Activate NumberShare VAS

Greetings,

I'm posting this as i have contacted Starhub Hotline since the 23rd of March, and the various staff gave different technical advices and unfortunately did not solve the issue, even did so today but they have not given me a call after promising to get back to me.

Background Information of Issue

I bought the Apple Watch Series 5, Nike Edition and have been trying to set up the cellular connection to my iPhone 11 Pro Max, since the 23rd of March, and am still trying but to no avail. I followed the steps carefully but did not receive the activation SMS to show that NumberShare is successful. 

Various Troubleshooting Done After Talking to Starhub Consultants

1. Staff thought it was the Porting Number Issue as i ported over my Singtel Number over to Starhub under my Mum's Name, i received the SMS that my temporary Starhub Number that was given is successfully changed and updated in the system.
  2. Staff No. 2 gave me to key in these Hash Codes ; #36*1234*16# & #33*1234*16#, suspecting that it was my incoming and outgoing call/SMS issue but i receive SMS and send SMS just fine, and still did not receive that Approval SMS for successful NumberShare Pairing. Do note i rebooted my mobile and watch and removed the SIM as well.
  3. Staff No.3 told me that they did not activate HD Voice VoLTE on the Watch and that Starhub has to active it at the Backend which will take an hour, i waiting and tried the following day but the same thing occured.

Main Underlying Issue

Attached to this post depicts the Error i received as well as the steps i followed to setup my watch. The RED CROSS Error, only occured when i reset and remove all data plans on the Apple Watch App to re-enroll the Set Up for Mobile Data as it is always stuck at "Activating" under Starhub which is also shown in the attached images.

I sincerely hope a technical team can properly diagnose this issue as it is rather unfortunate that this is such a hassle and that i should have gotten a Non-Cellular version instead, i really look forward to any constructive help that will solve this. 

Thank you.

Always this way when awaiting the SMSAlways this way when awaiting the SMSWhen i reset Data Plans on Apple Watch AppWhen i reset Data Plans on Apple Watch AppIMG-1437.PNGIMG-1436.PNG

Responses

Carla_P

• 

2K Messages

• 

316 Points

7 months ago

Hi @hasunnyboy, I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Based on the screenshot of the error message you shared here, I would advise you to retry subscribing. But if the issue still persists, I highly suggest that you reach out to my colleagues on Facebook or Twitter so that we can log a case regarding your concern. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Fresh Spark

• 

12 Messages

• 

6 Points

a month ago

@hasunnyboy Just to check; was your problem sorted out finally.  What did you do?  I am having an issue with my Numbershare activation with StarHub as well.  In my case, i get a tick towards the end of the setup process but i don’t get an sms confirmation and the Numbershare does not activate.  Thanks in advance.

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

a month ago

I'm also having this issue with my new apple watch. Went down to starhub customer service center at Plaza Sing but the prob cannot be resolved.

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

no sms from starhub to confirm the numbershare as well. 

Fresh Spark

• 

12 Messages

• 

6 Points

StarHub

@pris_syan Hi there, yes problem was finally resolved after 1 week with numerous calls to Starhub. Finally it was an issue at Starhub and nothing to do with our setup process. 

FYI: Once you finish the Numbershare activation via Apple Watch, if it’s successful, you will see your telco showing up in Mobile data right after you have confirmed your NRIC. See a snapshot of how it will look in Apple Watch app under “Mobile data”. If you don’t see that, then do check back with StarHub again. You can ask them to refer to my case and the resolution done on mine. 

Carla_P

• 

2K Messages

• 

316 Points

Hi @pris_syan, sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Just to check, what error message did you receive when you try to activate NumberShare? 

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

a month ago

Same problem here. Went down today. Not resolved. Said I would get a call today from the technical team by 6pm. Never came. Horrible. 

Carla_P

• 

2K Messages

• 

316 Points

Hi @Brybrybry, apologies for the inconvenience caused. What about today? Did you receive a callback? 

~ Carla

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

yes, I did. but of no help and they said i have to wait another 24 hours while they check with the technical team again. I thought the call i was waiting for was from the technical team. No idea whats going on at the back end. really messed up. 

Carla_P

• 

2K Messages

• 

316 Points

We sincerely apologize for the delay and inconvenience. It is never our intention to make things hard for you. I suggest to follow up via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below so they escalate it to the relevant team. 

~ Carla

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

Hi, I'm still having this same issue one week after trying to set it up, I've raised a ticket but after several phone calls they still haven't resolved. Any thoughts?

Get Started

Get Started